I know many of you don't want to divulge everything you're planning to focus on this holiday season, but I thought it'd still be nice to have a discussion about it.

What do you plan to focus on this year? What generally sells well for the holiday season? This is my first online Christmas, so I'm very excited, but I've got very little experience placing products. I've heard bedding and toys sell well for the holidays, but what other products do you recommend?

Let's hear what your past experiences have taught you!

Thank you!
    - Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    I plan to focus on luxurious, handmade Persian & Oriental area rug sales this holiday season!

Word on the street says this is a peak season for luxury items... rugs are no exception.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What generally sells well for the holiday season? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything sells well for the holidays. Electronics, books, music, movies, pet supplies, toys, food, flowers, footwear, clothing, computer hardware and software, games, etc etc.

Don't waste anymore time thinking about it though. The start of the online holiday shoppng season is imminent.

I'm not wasting any time! I've been working vigorously for the past month or so to be ready for Christmas. I'm already seeing a huge influx of sales and hope it can only continue!

- Scott

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Tarps make LOVELY Xmas gifts. Our red vinyl fire resistant tarps are especially attractive. Err, okay, maybe not on the top of the list.

Seriously, Amazon converts really well during the Xmas season, I think it's a combination of security - people know the name - and convenience, as they have zillions of items.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    "Seriously, Amazon converts really well during the Xmas season, I think it's a combination of security - people know the name - and convenience, as they have zillions of items."

Had a list of what i wanted to get and did all my xmas shopping last year with 1 big Amazon order. This is when i load up on the lounge gear I think just about everybody hooked me up with some new work clothes. What Jimbo said, everything sells. DVD's are great sellers, clothes, digital cameras, good deals on laptops, everything.

Amazon converts really well for me all the time.
    I see about 4 or 5 sells for every 100 clicks.

One of my sites converted at 1/11 last Xmas season. That is 1 item/11 visitors, which is pretty good.

Guess I should put some time into Amazon. I just have a problem working with their XML file. It's overly complicated and difficult to assimilate into a website that uses a bunch of other feeds. Seems like a good challenge.

- Scott

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Amazon sucks for me and has for quite a while now. This year I think I am going to feature either GoCollect or Mondera for the holidays

P.S. Where is that tarp feed elbow:P

Trust;
    Doesn't Amazon frown on buying from your own links? Here is what their agreement says:

---You may not purchase products during sessions initiated through the links on your site for your own use, for resale or commercial use of any kind. This includes orders for customers or on behalf of customers or orders for products to be used by you or your friends, relatives, or associates in any manner. Such purchases may result (in our sole discretion) in the withholding of referral fees and/or the termination of this Agreement.---

Ken

I'm sure Trust purchased through one of my links.

ABW Ambassador
    "Had a list of what i wanted to get and did all my xmas shopping last year with 1 big Amazon order."

Where is that statement do you see i bought from my own links? I didn't but you assumed and you assumed right. I frown on merchants who don't, i like to test them out every now and then. That clause is in there to prevent people signing up for the sole purpose of buying for themselves plus getting commission. Like small businesses and such. An affiliate who drives sales and every once in awhile buys something thru their own links, i don't think they have a problem with it. It's never been a problem for me.

Liz...

So far so good

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread