Thread: buy.at Pros & Cons

Question buy.at Pros & Cons
    I am considering signing up with buy.at because I am looking for useful tools to help manage my time. Most of my sales are generated through CJ merchants, but CJ does not offer a good coupon datafeed and I spend way too much time digging through emails to do updates. The "CJ Offer Portal" is far from being perfected as a useful tool.

I am wondering, from ABW users who work with buy.at, what they like and what they don't like. I've heard they have good tools and that their merchant list is growing.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Tax Paying Member
    Merchant list is growing and they have some of the best people in the business.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Buy.at has far fewer merchants than CJ (of course) but, as you say their merchant list is growing. Of the merchants they do have there are some "very" good ones.

I don't use coupons, so cannot comment on that.

One of the "pros" important to me is Integrity. Another is communication - you can actually get email returned and/or get a real person on the phone.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

What kind of tools do they have for affiliates?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Tax Paying Member
    Amy It is time to talk to leeann
    Last edited by Witzer; February 7th, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    Amy It is time to talk to leeann
    Hey, don't just talk to leeann. She's asking some excellent questions I've been wondering about, too. Talk to us ALL, Amy.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    Hey, don't just talk to leeann. She's asking some excellent questions I've been wondering about, too. Talk to us ALL, Amy.

Gary
    Lol - well I was actually curious as to the candid pros and cons that people were going to post, which is why I wasn't chiming in just yet.

leeann - I appreciate you asking the initial question, and I'm hoping others will add in their honest opinions. We always love feedback

To specifically answer your question about tools, we put together a list here which you might find helpful. These range from essential tools like deep link generators and dynamically updated creative to more advanced technologies that include a store builder, interactive video ads, widget creatives, and more.

You mentioned coupons in an earlier post, so I'd recommend taking a look at OfferCentral, which is our coupon management system. The particularly interesting characteristic of this technology is that it allows advertisers to assign a truly unique voucher or coupon code to a specific affiliate or group of affiliates. A previous post in ABW actually provides quite a bit of detail on this tool if you're interested.

Does that help? (and this question is directed to everyone, not just leeann)

-Amy
    Last edited by Amy Ely; February 7th, 2011 at 06:15 PM.

The biggest negative is the small number of merchants currently available in the US. I definitely agree about having great people and excellent ethics.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    The biggest negative is the small number of merchants currently available in the US...
    That's a very fair statement Michael - and one that many affiliates have mentioned.

On the plus side, we are growing and hope to alleviate this concern as we expand our business.

-Amy

Hi Amy,

Yes, it does answer my major questions. I'll check out the merchant's list.
    I've found that when I've signed up w/ networks that are either specialized or on the small side, they tend to be the last place on the list I check for updates. I want to avoid doing that again, but if I can swap out some merchants, it might be worth it for sure.

Thanks Amy, and to everyone posting.

(Oh, and I like the idea of video ads)
    Last edited by leeann; February 7th, 2011 at 07:07 PM.
    leeann

Do I have to sign up to see the merchant's list?
    leeann

Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    Do I have to sign up to see the merchant's list?
    All of our merchants are listed directly on the site - no sign up required.

Our US merchants are listed here: buy.at US programs
    Our global merchants are listed here: buy.at global programs

If there is a specific type of merchant your looking for (based on vertical, available promotion methods, etc.) let me know and we're happy to put together a list of programs that meet your criteria.

-Amy
    Last edited by Amy Ely; February 7th, 2011 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Ely View Post
    ... To specifically answer your question about tools, we put together a list here which you might find helpful. These range from essential tools like deep link generators and dynamically updated creative to more advanced technologies that include a store builder, interactive video ads, widget creatives, and more. ...
    I took just a quick look at the list of the buy.at tools in the link above. Looks very interesting.

I was interested in your use of Datafeedr. I've never used their services, but I do recall seeing that they're pretty pricey -- at least for my budget right now! -- for their single site per month price even, let alone using them for multiple sites.

Am I right to assume using them as a tool for buy.at merchants means paying their monthly prices or whatever pricing plan?

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Am I right to assume using them as a tool for buy.at merchants means paying their monthly prices or whatever pricing plan?

Gary
    Hi Gary,

Yes, if you choose to work with datafeedr to display feeds, you are responsible for the fees of that provider.

That said, we do offer merchant data feeds at no charge through our buy.at interface / Management Area - you're not required to go through datafeedr to pull that dynamic data. If you prefer to use a feed aggregator, PopShops.com is another company we work with, and their fee structure is a bit different then datafeedr.

Also, many feed aggregators are used to create a clean, professional looking storefront for your products. Our ShopCentral tool is a cost-free alternative if you're interested in creating a shopping page with your buy.at feed data.

-Amy
    Last edited by Amy Ely; February 7th, 2011 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Ely View Post
    Hi Gary,

Yes, if you choose to work with datafeedr to display feeds, you are responsible for the fees of that provider.

That said, we do offer merchant data feeds at no charge through our buy.at interface / Management Area - you're not required to go through datafeedr to pull that dynamic data. If you prefer to use a feed aggregator, PopShops.com is another company we work with, and their fee structure is a bit different then datafeedr.

Also, many feed aggregators are used to create a clean, professional looking storefront for your products. Our ShopCentral tool is a cost-free alternative if you're interested in creating a shopping page with your buy.at feed data.

-Amy
    Thanks, Amy. Going to take some time today to take a closer look at buy.at.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Gary
    Great! If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here or email me directly at amy.ely[at]buy.at.

-Amy

Gary
    Ditto.
    leeann

18. Newsletter Signup