Tax Paying Member
    Location, Location, Location
    Maybe it is just me, but I find it easier to welcome someone to ABW or to comment on a post if I have some idea of where the person is located.

There is a place in our profile to enter a location. I do not need your street address...........just a hint of where you might hangout.

I see a lot of folks with no location. City name is good, country for those outside the USA, Nevada Rain Forrest, Near Wriggly Field....etc.

I got shot down in my early days for using "Applachia". One of the crusty souls of that time read me the riot act..............Like get your s.......t (stuff) together if you expect anyone to take your seriously.
    Last edited by Witzer; February 7th, 2011 at 04:35 PM.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

While a person's location usually isn't important to me, the absence of location information in a profile often makes me "wary."

I suppose this is similar to how I view a merchant web site: I don't usually click through to read a merchant's "Privacy Policy," "About Us," or "Contact Us" pages -- but if I notice that the site omits any or all of those links, I exit the site quickly.

I don't like giving out my location outright.
    If anyone has a problem with that then ignore me.

As for newbies I prefer that they state an interest/idea that can start a conversation.
    Last edited by Rhia7; February 7th, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch View Post
    While a person's location usually isn't important to me, the absence of location information in a profile often makes me "wary."
    Are you talking about a merchant or are you talking about an affiliate who advertises and doesn't actually collect the money and ship the goods?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Well, I don't believe on hiding any information.I always put all the relevant information on my profiles.I'm also looking forward to get the exact idea why people doesn't put the location info.
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread