Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    What happened? I just got a private message mentioning he was banned.

I know more than half the time I don't understand his unique use of the English language; but, I haven't read anything so bad that deserves being banned.

Did I miss something? (...again...)

ABW Ambassador
    Bigotry
    Any derogatory post referencing any persons (member or non-member) race, color, creed, or sexual preference (or any allegations thereof, justified or not) will be deleted ASAP, repeat offenders will be banned.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko made the right decision.

Mike has been out of line countless times. It is sad that people like him manage to derail threads toward flaming and racist comments.
    He can be racist elsewhere!

ABW Ambassador
    If he got a week off for each offense, he'd return some time after Jenna Bush's first term as President.

I agree with you guam, maybe we are not narrow minded enough to fit in with the majority of Mikes critics.

I've read far worse posts (in my mind) that were posted by other people and nothing was said, admitted Mikes posts are more frequent but hey life is for living.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    I've only seen a couple of posts from them (Mike & Charlie) for which I thought the complaints were legitimate.

Sometimes it appears like they have a posse following them around ABW made up of a group of folks who look for any little thing that could be construed as bigoted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam Ward:
    Bigotry
    Any derogatory post referencing any persons (member or non-member) race, color, creed, or sexual preference (or any allegations thereof, justified or not) will be deleted ASAP, repeat offenders will be banned. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...5509#608105509

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Maybe he's just away for a few days at the KKK convention in Hicktown, Mississippi?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimbo2002:
    I've only seen a couple of posts from them (Mike & Charlie) for which I thought the complaints were legitimate.

Sometimes it appears like they have a posse following them around ABW made up of a group of folks who look for any little thing that could be construed as bigoted. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Mike doesn't need a posse following him around, he just needs to open his mouth wherever he is at.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I want Bush to win to prove to the world the majority of Americans are retarded. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I don't particularly disagree with this bit but yes the post is a bit over the top.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

Some of the Red Flag Words Mike uses can be offensive, what I find more offensive is all the people that look for every opportunity to take personal pop shots at others.

It would be so nice to come on the board and read a nice post saying, “Mike your not acting correctly and would you be so kind as to tone it down. What you are saying is very offensive to the level of breaking the forum rules.”

Then see Mike reply with “ Wow sorry to be so offensive I will tone it down and follow the rules”.

There are so many here that want to immediately start with the derogatory remarks and heat up the situation. I can see how calling names and baiting each other can help a situation. Yes I understand that when you speak to another person without a civil tongue you really get your message across faster.

Personally the POSSE approach as jimbo2002 referred to is more offensive. There are people on this board that do nothing all day but complain about others not being Politically Correct. Heck a week ago to hear Chez Noir tell it I cannot be trusted. That person has never spoken to me on the phone, in an email, in a PM, or utilizing IM’s, he has never even worked with me, but to hear him tell it I cannot be trusted?

Where does all this bashing come from?
    Why the MOB mentality?

Everyone needs to grow up and act civil to each other.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I expect to get my butt kicked if I break the rules. Mike's had so many warnings it's not funny. Others have been banned for what he's done. It was time for Mike to realize, as grownups do, that our behaviors have consequences.

I wonder how many of you who are criticizing Haiko's decision have ever been in charge of a large group of people. I've been a chat host manager and a listerv manager for two non-profit groups. I had the unenviable task of being both gatekeeper and enforcer. You have to make difficult decisions all the time and rarely does anyone ever thank you for it. In fact what you mostly get for your efforts is a lot of complaining and second-guessing.

In any case, thanks Haiko for doing the right thing.

ABW Ambassador
    I'll post it again with a link if you don't understand:

Bigotry
    Any derogatory post referencing any persons (member or non-member) race, color, creed, or sexual preference (or any allegations thereof, justified or not) will be deleted ASAP, repeat offenders will be banned.

http://www.hookedonphonics.com

It's that simple. This isn't the first time he posted racist shit. Just do an ABW search on racist, he does this repeatedly. Julian and Sambay in the past started threads asking for Mike to be banned because of racist shit. Chuck was banned for it.

Haiko

"I like Mike and think he has much to add to the discussions but, I also think his method(ologies) is(are) at least 50% wrong. I see his postings as racist and demonstrative of a bigot and don't think they belong on any message board, much less on ABW."

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...7124#196107124

Don't make racist posts, it's that simple. And one more time since people can't seem to understand the rule:

Bigotry

Good post SandraR you are perfectly correct. I agree Mike does overstep the mark occasionaly and he should try to cool it a little. Like guam and jimbo2002 you are also perfectly correct about the mob mentality and the "I'm holier than thou attitude" of a few people on this board that have nothing better to do than follow one person and criticise almost every post he makes. Its not an occasional post they jump on it is almost every post he makes these same few guys jump on them. They piss me off far more than Mikes posts ever do.

Seems to me these people should climb down from their high horses and get a dose of reality in their veins and live and let live.

YouTrek

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Some of the Red Flag Words Mike uses can be offensive, what I find more offensive is all the people that look for every opportunity to take personal pop shots at others. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pop shots?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

I rather read Mike and Charlies Post than read post like "Survey Man" that suppose to be a nice and ethical person!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    You might feel differently if some his posts were directed your way. There is a reason that rule is there. You forget the person who made a derogatory remark to you was banned, rightfully so.

Trustno1 I know what you are saying!
    So are you saying if he calls me name or say something like white people rules and me a brown skin Flip I'm suppose to get mad and call him name back. Which I see it happens all the time. It seems like some always looking for Mike to post his usual post so they can bash him.

I am saying is we are all not perfect and we all seen how Mike have been for all this time and not all ABW seen his post as bad as it seems how people make it sound!

Because I read his post and understand where he is coming from.
    It is sad that we look at someones fault but not on ours!

And yes I am a posse of Mike and Charlie and I've learned to love him as part of ABW and I consider him a friend and not all my friends is educated and all sophisticated all suit and ties.

I feel like Mike is getting all the crap no matter what he do because someone don't like him and will try their best to bash him no matter what he do.

He is not the only one that use all that bigotry you are saying but he is the only one that get bash no matter what he says or do!

That's what I am saying!

Okay fire on because I am MIKE POSSE and a Friend!

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

TrustNo1,

Mike was wrong to use those terms, no one is disputing that. Haiko was correct to give him a time out; no one is disputing that either.

Everyone who partook in adding fire to that thread should be chastised also for his or her mob mentally.

We may not agree on this issue, its opinion and I am entitled to post it.

ABW Ambassador
    "He is not the only one that use all that bigotry you are saying but he is the only one that get bash no matter what he says or do!"

Yes, he's the only one i've seen make repeated bigoted posts. He's had lots of warnings, if anything more than anybody else would get. Show me one other person who's made repeated bigoted posts. Hard for me to believe you would still be his friend if he made posts like what you said, derogatory posts towards Filipinos, if he used the word Flip etc. Personally i don't like racist people and surely wouldn't be their friend if he made racict comments towards me. But that's just me.

Sandra i agree with you except the mob mentality parts. It's there because it's a repeated behavior and Mike can stop that if he wants, it's up to him. Just follow the rules and when he has an urge to make a racist post, i'm sure there are plenty of hate forums out there for him to do it in. Not on an affiliate marketing forum. And Haiko shouldn't have to repeatedly tell him to stop. Mike should respect the rules and if he did he would be here posting today. It's on Mike.

So if the bigotry is not allowed here is the Daily Chuckle acceptable for bigotry?

and I am not saying just in the daily chuckle and I don't have anything against that either, what I am saying is Mike will get bash no matter what he says, but if you read the post of Mike without paying TOO MUCH ATTENTION on the bigotry part he gives good message and information about the crap that is going on.

I think we pay too much attention on when IS Mike going to say the bad words than what he is really saying!

And Trust don't ask me show me where! You seen it and so as alot of people but no one is complaining about that but only MIKE!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    The President has been referred to as a liar, a thief, all sorts of derogatory comments made about his intelligence, etc.

Now, don't jump on me suggesting I am supporting Mike: I'm not in the least, personally, he has been given a number of warnings and still rattles off abusive phrases that he should not be allowed to post here.

But I would put forward a question of, where, exactly, is the line? Is it okay to accuse someone of being a liar and a thief etc., etc., if he is not part of ABW?

What if the President happened to be an ABW member, would it NOT be okay in that instance, but okay as long as he is not here to defend himself?

The politics forum should be a completely seperate entity, a different domain name unto itself, and most of the banning issues would die off.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    EC....the political forum IS going to be a separate board. It's part of the switch over. I can't see why the time, expensive and effort should be taken to do that here on infopoop when the move is being worked on right now.

Everyone needs to just cut back on their caffeine intake and relax a bit.

ABW Ambassador
    Some people just seem to have too much time on their hands

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast