Smile The super-affiliates' IM courses???
    I've been roaming on this forum from quite some time and I like this forum a lot. I keep learning something or the other. But there is one question which still remains unanswered to me.

I have been struggling myself and have very limited resources to actually buy anything to give my affiliate marketing a boost. Somehow, I was thinking that I'd do some other stuff, save money and buy one of these courses offered by the many Internet Marketing gurus. And I've seen a lot of criticism about those things here.

I was particularly considering Internet Marketing Advantage (Steven Clayton & Tim Godfrey) or AffiloBlueprint or AffiloJetPack (Mark Ling). I recently also came across George Brown's Traffic Ultimatum and even that looked attractive. I have been through many and seriously MANY of such pages but these 3 really caught my attention. I'm sorry MODS, if I'm not allowed to name out these programs, if they are against the rules, I apologize.

So after seeing the comments especially on this forum, I wonder whether even these things can help me or not. I know many such programs are just bogus but should I go ahead with any of these? Have any of you used even one of them? Any advice is deeply appreciated.

Honestly, I think it would be a waste of your money. But it's your call. Everything you need to learn is here and through your blood, sweat and tears.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

I think it would be a waste of your money too.

Almost everything the - so called gurus - want to sell you can be found free on the web.

They probably found it free from someone else and then they are trying to rip you off by selling it to you.

You can find everything you want to know about affiliate markerting here if you'll just use the search here and do a lot of free reading here.

By the way - welcome to ABW.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Thanks Greg Hoffman Consulting and BurgerBoy.
    I know I can find the information online but as far as I've looked up, its very cluttered and sometimes even goes over my head. And some of these programs also have 60 day money back guarantee, would this still make a bad investment even if I can ask for a refund if I'm not satisfied with the product.

Lots of times they won't give you a refund - even if you ask for one.

This would still be a bad investment.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Man, all the study material is available on net, you can Google it. Many blogs, articles are loaded on web. I don't think so, you should invest for such a thing. its a bad investment idea.
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

I bought a book. Here is the problem - The basic information is online for free. The information you get in books that goes beyond the basics becomes obsolete quickly, since this is a forever changing business. I'd invest in printer paper and print the articles you find online if you'd rather have something in your hand to refer back to. Just get a notebook, some labels and start printing only those articles you think you want to read away from the computer, or that go a bit over your head and you may need to look back up.
    Last edited by leeann; February 9th, 2011 at 07:05 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Don't "hold your breath" on a refund. Might get one - might not; and what are ya going to do?

Leeann is right: Much of what is printed is obsolete. Many "gurus" made some good money - years ago. But times have changed and the market has changed - and those that did not adapt (likely too busy partying) are now trying to eek out a living by selling what USED TO WORK for them. Seriously, if they were still making all that money do you think they would be peddling books for $47.77 (or whatever other price ends in a seven)?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

OK.
    I have already heard enough criticism about these courses. I was quite reluctant but still my failure was pushing me towards them.
    Nonetheless, do the tools offered at some places the same too? Any effectiveness in them? Although I've heard about a tool called the best spinner from a very reliable source who says it is very useful. Are those tools of any use as they are also promoted with almost the same hype?

Raindance, I can appreciate your confusion. There's a lot of information out there and it's next to impossible to know who to believe, especially when they're trying to sell you something.

If I can make a suggestion, I would strongly recommend that you take a look at the ABestWeb Affiliate Academy. You'll find just about every major topic regarding affiliate marketing covered there.

Also the Affiliate ABCs Podcasts are a great resource that you can listen to online or download for the car, while jogging or walking the dog. They cover quite a few areas that are important to your success and just like the ABW Affiliate Academy, they're all free.

When you run into things that you don't quite understand, use the search function and if that doesn't help don't be shy about posting questions in the appropriate forum. You'll find most of the members here knowledgeable, friendly and willing to help.

Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

dont waste your money
    i have to agree with most of these your better off soending your money somewhere else .
    i got in to affiliate marketing via cws a web page that i found on the internet , at the time i really thought wow this not bad and i was happy with what they offered but there was alot of question they didnt answer and then i started actually looking in to a,m and everything they though can be found online with a little research

the thing that really get me fired up now is how they all premote that u can be making 1000ss$$$$ a day and so , and yes this is true i belive u can make that kind of money with affiliate marketing but they make it sound like just by doing there course u will be a millionaire in a month and then truth come out of all the hard work , time ,sweat and tears that u will need

dont waste your money do the hard yard and research
    good luck hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Raindance View Post
    ...I was quite reluctant but still my failure was pushing me towards them.
    This is exactly how these "gurus" work...they tap into the fears of desperate people. Voodoo works exactly the same way...there's no inexplicable magic, it taps into the deep, subconscious fears that most don't even realize they believe in.

A "tool" is not going to make you successful: buying a lathe doesn't make you an instant expert woodworker. It's learning how to use a tool and practicing for hundreds of hours that makes you skilled.

"Spinning article" tools have been around for quite awhile. The SEs are getting wise to how folks have spammed article directories to appear in top search results & are changing their algos to devalue them. As you go along, you'll see trends with these so-called techniques or tools, learn when to go with them & when to drop them. No one's going to hand you that info, it only comes with experience.

Many tell you to build your first site with a topic that you are passionate about. There are tons of mountains to climb, valleys & 40-foot cliffs you will fall off during your journey. The work can be highly frustrating, challenging or just downright boring. You have to very emotionally invested in what you're promoting, have a marketing/advertising background or strong internal will to succeed no matter what.

Doing something just for the money isn't going to get you through those inevitable low periods—which is when some give up & others turn lemons into lemonade.

Look through the keyword research threads here. Might be a good place to begin cutting through that first layer of confusion.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; February 23rd, 2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Fixed Link to ABW Search Results Page
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread