Merchants beware - coupondazzle.com (Mindspark?) trademark bidding with false URLs
    I just wanted to give the merchants a heads up about an unethical affiliate.

In the last few days we have been contacted by several merchants about trademark bidding violations on yahoo/bing. We were not bidding on any of the trademarked terms, but another website was bidding on these terms and using our URL in the display URL of the ad, which made the merchants think we were trademark bidding. They are also impersonating at least 5 other coupon websites with these ads, aside from mine.

The ad links to coupondazzle.com which redirects to http://download.couponalert.com/index.jhtml.

The coupondazzle.com domain info is private, but couponalert.com is owned by Mindspark. I am assuming Mindspark own coupondazzle.com or are partners with them.

Merchants please check the destination of the ad if you are seeing these violations. More than likely they dont direct you to the URL that they display in the ad.
    Last edited by phreak$how; February 9th, 2011 at 09:57 AM.

There is another thread discussing this issue, apparently you aren't the only victim: Suspicious PPC Activity - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    phreak$how and merchants, please see this thread for additional information. Apparently Bing is allowing this type of deceptive/misleading advertising.

CouponDazzle is not the only domain they are using. They are affiliates for MindSpring (the Zwinky et al folks) through at least 2 CPA Networks (EWA Private Network and NeverBlue).

When investigating TMB, merchants/managers/opms should never use just the display URL for determining TOS violations.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    2busy types faster (& less) than me.

I've also noted some new affiliate domains showing up in the display URL a couple of days ago as well. Looks like they may just be adding new URLs as there are complaints.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread