Question Active Users Viewing (X) Thread...
    When reading threads, I have noticed that the part where it says: "xx (x members and xx guests) Active Users Viewing This Thread", sometimes it's at the top of the thread, and sometimes it's at the bottom of the thread...

Do anyone else care?

It is probably related to the different formatting found in the various sponsored forums. The Report Post button is sometimes at the top and sometimes at the bottom too depending on the layout of each forum.

I thought it may had to do with that: "the different formatting found in the various sponsored forums."

But now that you mention it, it's true...

This thingies , , go up and down, too...

Yeah, there are a lot of style differences between the sponsored and non-sponsored forums. The layout is different, with almost everything in different places. The font sizes are different. The header is different (partly because it has to be, to make room for the sponsored forum headers).

Unfortunately, it's going to take a considerable amount of work to get things more consistent. When we upgraded to the newer version of vBulletin, most of the time (and if you recall, it took several months) was spent upgrading the templates. We (me, the moderators and iNet) totally missed that when we beta tested the upgrades.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I've gotten used to most of the differences in the different forums, and while I thought that I preferred having the Active Users at the top, it turns out that it really doesn't matter to me.

The one thing that still bugs me is the way that links are handled within a post. Sometimes they open a new window, sometimes they don't. I'd prefer that they always opened a new window.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I've gotten used to most of the differences in the different forums...
    Me too, even tho I would preferred the top option better...
    The one thing that still bugs me is the way that links are handled within a post. Sometimes they open a new window, sometimes they don't. I'd prefer that they always opened a new window.
    I second that idea.

But since I've gotten so used to right-click on most of the links around here, I no longer notice how they're setup...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal View Post
    But since I've gotten so used to right-click on most of the links around here, I no longer notice how they're setup...
    I know, I do too. But I drink a lot so I forget sometimes...

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread