Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Haiko, I hope you're just tinkering with the Infopoop Profile module, but when I tried to log in I got an "update profile" screen. It wanted to know my mailing address, phone numbers, CJ and LS IDs and a bunch of other stuff. Worse yet, it INSISTED on knowing some of these things. I typed in a bunch of nonsense.

So...whatcha doing?

same here....

Haiko - you need to tell everyone they need to add their real name and the CJ or LS PID is way to much info requested

i just put in my real name and left the CJID and LSID blank

Huh. I thought it was just me, you know, having to fill out more crap...errr, information because I reached X amount of posts or something.

I was hoping I'd get one of those neat-looking icon thingees under my name like ya'll have.

So what's up?

Rick K.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

Same here I thought I was promoted to a Image under my name that said CuteGeek or something. But then I saw this thread

http and a telephoto
    I added my real name, because that is a required field, but no way a forum is getting my LS and CJ ids. Nope. I would check a box to tell you I promote them, but not give out an id.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I had a heck of a time with it until I realized there are TWO scroll bars. LOL

All it really wanted was my name which I have posted here about a hundred times, anyway.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick K.:
    I was hoping I'd get one of those neat-looking icon thingees under my name like ya'll have.
    Rick K. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not until we figure what and or who you are! LOL

You need character

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loxly:
    I added my real name, because that is a required field, but no way a forum is getting my LS and CJ ids. Nope. I would check a box to tell you I promote them, but not give out an id. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Dang. What a way to start out the day. Totally baffling task when this happens before my first cup of coffee.
    ~Ernie

Took me a while to see the scrollbar too. Actually it's a good thing because the email that I had is no longer any good.

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> i just put in my real name and left the CJID and LSID blank <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too....only real name was required...so only real name was supplied
    Adverts

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Like ernimator said, "before my first cup of coffee" I had to drink 2 cups and then go back, thought "The New ABW" was here for a moment.

Not sure about the "CJID and LSID" too many cuckoos around here.

I've designed enough forms in the past, I was bothered by "real name". Couldn't that have been taken from the name on the mail addy?

and someone is going to have to give me a real explanation before I divulge PIDs. seems like a 5th amendment question.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    There's a big red message at http://www.abestweb.com

"We are currently having problems with infopop and are working to resolve it ASAP"

I just logged out and back in and did not get any type of screen asked for such information.

And I can't believe some of the folks who have been around here for quite some time would even think that Haiko is or was going to require folks to give out their aff ID's when registering.

I know what that screen sounds like it is related to and it has nothing to do with normal registration/profiles for the board.

All,

I am terribly sorry for all of this.

Firstly, infopop was completely dead (only saw my profile page) since I added some fields into the profile, so I couldn't see anything so I emailed poop a few scathing emails and got a few from members saying they couldn't get in either. What a seriously poor implement of more info on the profile.

Ok here's the scoop before anyone starts scalding me for the impetus of the additions ...

I've gotten a few calls from Network people, Merchants and other members protesting that forums where named individuals (people posting with their real name) are much more 'civil' and they want me to change ABW to that format. I don't want that because I believe in protecting privacy and allowing for the aliases to make sure the truth comes out. With aliases you get a lot of trolls though and networks and merchants don't really appreciate it and think that their competition is posting just to discredit themselves.

So as a happy medium, I thought of creating an 'ABW inner circle' forum where members who would still be posting under their alias (publicly) could post and answer questions affecting the industry and not necessarily poo-pooing it all, but instead, posting creative changes and ideas to symbiotically fix the industry. Some merchants and networks see ABW as the whining affiliate cesspool and the only "effective thing we've done is the starting the Nov 7th meeting and push against parasites since then" ... well I certainly disagree with that sentiment, I know we've all done much much more as a cohesive unit in effecting positive change and revenues for many, but I do agree that with a resource like ABW we could be effecting 'more' positive change.

So As I started explaining, I would open the Inner Circle that would have affiliate's real names and PID / SID so that only merchants could see this information and would offer special / private deals to the participating members of this inner circle forum. Linkshare has already promised a few goodies, such as guaranteed invites to their symposium to all participants and I was going to approach CJ with them also giving some goodies to the inner circle members.

So to sumize it, the inner circle would be rewarded for participation with private deals and network goodies and the topics would be positive change invoking threads and the posters identity and personal information would be only visible to managers.

Now the reason I decided to add this yesterday was import pre-existing fields into the new system as opposed to locking everyone out (like what happened here) on the new system. My real mistake was clicking the required button on the real name field, that's what locked it all up.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, or thought that I was getting 'too nosey' I was just trying to make ABW, the industry and your program terms better.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I wanted to add that participation in this inner circle would be completely optional and once again, my clicking the required in real name field was the error that caused me and others to be locked out and others to 'have to' enter their real name.

Once again, I apologize.

---------------------------
    What are your thoughts about the 'inner circle' idea? Is the PID / SID too much information? What type of information could a merchant use to augment yor program terms as the reward in particpation?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I like the idea of the inner circle in an effort to promote clear communication directly with merchants and evoke positive change.

Would the 'IC' be open to anyone willing to provide the required information and participate?

I'm still up in the air about the IDs...I am not convinced that is a good thing, but I don't have a better idea.
    - I am not young enough to know everything

Not surprised that certain folks want us to use our real names. It is what they hope is a way to intimidate us about what we post and that is for sure. Only merchants or networks with something to be not so proud of have ever needed to worry about whinning affiliates here. The very fact that they want our names so we will be afraid to post what we really think is proof we are "effective" as is. Don't forget Herbie used real names in his forum. How "effective" is his board, now? You mentioned LS wants this. Case closed.

You know what I think of closed forums. I have not much regard for them at all. Sounds kind of like high school clicks. If merchants or networks have something to offer, let them tell everyone. Otherwise, they have their own affiliate lists and their own e-mail lists. Let them use that. What's LS going to offer you in a closed forum, anyhow? Perhaps, an ebook on how to make friends and work with parasites! How about a free online course, "Cookie Stuffing 101".

I say no forum. Tell them to shove it. If they don't like the whinning, let them shape up and fly right. That is the solution.

Added: I would never, ever give out my IDs under any circumstances!! If you are in their program or on their network and they have your name, they already have your ID. No need to add it here.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I don't have a problem supplying in my profile my real name or my network account numbers/SIDs. I try my best not to exaggerate or lie on any of my posts so I have no reason for them to not know who I am.

But the only way I would agree to have my info accessible is:
    - The networks and affiliate managers are the ONLY ones that can access it (+ Haiko, of course)
    - The networks and AMs are not allowed to post publicly on the forum any personal info or stats related to me because of having access to my identity.
    - Moderators are not allowed access to my info
    - My forum user ID displayed on my posts stay like they are today - not my name in my profile. I don't want just anyone out on the WWW knowing me nor do I want the search engines picking my name up.

I am unclear as to the need of real name or PID information. NO ONE should obtain that information unless it’s the network that issues it, or in correlation to business conducted with merchants or affiliates on a one to one basis.

This board has no business knowing anyone’s personal information. When ABW starts asking for private information it’s setting itself up for some serious legal back lashing. This place gets crazy enough without the possibilities of improprieties.

I use my real name in my signature, and most people know everyone’s first name after some time. If ABW is a cesspool why are those speaking out concerned, ABW is obviously a cause for concern.

As for the private area – Boo

The merchants we want to do business with are already here and maintain a forum at ABW, what more can we possibly get that we are not getting already? EXCEPT Tiger Direct – wish that parasite ridden company would move out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> it’s setting itself up for some serious legal back lashing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Potentially very true!

The less Haiko can honestly say he knows, the better off and safer he and everyone else is.

Dup. Posting is kind of screwed up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You need character <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOU didn't tell me you were a character

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast