PJ Posting of Sales Question
    I mostly have Sports Sites, but I am expanding into varies niches in the near future. I signed up for PJ the last week of January because I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket when it comes to Sports Gear Merchants and PJ has several awesome Sports Gear Merchants, such as NFLShop.

Anyway, as stated above, I signed up the last week of January, within a couple of days I was approved for all Sports Merchants I applied to except one.

I got my first sale posted a couple of days later. Just a couple of dollars in commission. Then February came and by the February 5th I had enough commission to receive a payment. However, most of my sales for January actually came through in February. My last January sale was posted on February 5th.

What's up with that? Is the reporting of sales on PJ slower than other networks like CJ and SAS. (I know LS is slow at posting sales at times, too.)

Just curious about how sales are reported and posted with PJ. I know it could be an individual merchant or merchants policy on when they post sales, but figured a lot of members on ABW work for PJ and may be able to provide some insight.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

I use to work with them alot, but I think but I do remember geting paid for sales about two month's after the sales. To me personally getting paid one month or three month after the sales did not concern me as long as I got paid.

I never once had a problem with PJ and have always found their staff great to deals with. My #1 merchant moved to another network so I moved with them however I still work with PJ but my earning with them is much lower now so I do not keep track of sales and when I get paid from them.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Depending on the merchant sales on other networks were delayed due to the customer return policy. I recommend checking that on the merchant site. We postponed commissions for 60 days on my largest treadmill program for this reason. Affiliate knew it and that commissions were released on the 25th of the month as we got paid on the 20th.

Thanks Chuck and KSE. As long as they credit me with the sales and pay me, I'm happy. So far, I'm really glad I gave PJ a try. They have some really good merchants that match my niches perfectly and I ran an awesome coversation rate my first week with them.

I've been told by GSI that their shops such as nflshop post sales when they are shipped but the trxn day is still recorded as the day the purchase was made. This is more a GSI/TruAction thing than a PJ thing as noted above. So the sales reporting lags behind by about 3 or 4 days and in some cases a couple of weeks or more.

The actual payment by PJ is done on the 10th and 25th for sales 2 month previous. For example today is Feb 10, so payment will be made for locked sales from 11/25-12/10.

PJ pays like clockwork. No compaints with PJ despite what i've read about them here.

Thanks ToughTurkey! That explains it. Thought it might be something like that. Thanks for the great explanation. Glad to hear PJ pays in a timely fashion, too.

AvantLink has a bunch of sports merchants.

You should join their network.

They also have some really good affiliate tools too.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; February 10th, 2011 at 06:43 AM.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Thanks BurgerBoy! I'm not currently affiliated with AvantLink. So, I will definately check them out. Thanks.

Network Rep
    Hi Everyone,

To follow up on what Tough Turkey posted, sales are reported within the network depending on the type of merchant tracking that is used.

At Pepperjam we support both pixel and batch tracking and even a combination of the two called Hybrid Tracking.

Some merchants use pixel tracking provide real time data to publishers, which is why you will see sales data displayed right away for these programs. However, many advertisers cannot employ this tracking method due to shipping constraints and accounting regulations.

Therefore, these advertisers utilize batch tracking, which unfortunately, is not reported in real time, which explains the delay that you have noticed.

Many of the programs that TrueAction manages on the network currently utilize batch tracking, which explains the delay that you saw for the sporting goods merchants. They manage a number of sporting goods programs including: The Sports Authority, Modell's Sporting Goods, all major sports leagues, etc.

To help both advertisers and publishers gain the benefits of real time demand data, while incorporating the need for delayed batch reporting, Pepperjam Network is introducing a new tracking technology, called Hybrid Tracking.

Here is a link to more details about the data that is available for Hybrid Tracking:
    Additional Pepperjam Network Reports | Pepperjam

If you have any specific questions about reporting, please feel free to give me a call directly: 215-400-0287.

Have a great day,

Allie
    Allison Fox
    Senior Director, Publisher Development
    Pepperjam, A GSI Commerce Company
    P: (610) 491-7165
    E: [EMAIL="afox@pepperjam.com"]afox@pepperjam.com[/EMAIL]

10. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread