Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Commission Disparity
    A few days ago I looked at a merchant program on PJ in which I had interest, but I did not apply.

Just now, I saw that that same merchant just opened a program on GAN.

Their commission rate on PJ is 12%; on GAN it is 20%.

How can they justify such a disparity?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I think it has to do alot with management fees, when PJ open most of the clients who first setup on PJ were managed by PJ so they had to pay 2 fees to PJ one to be managed and one to the network.

I have a merchant who is on PJ and paid me say 9%, after the droped PJ from managing their program the commision at PJ stayed at say 9% but they then setup on a new network say GAN and are now paying me say 15%.

So I moved and now I am bring a few extra thousand a year just for changing networks.

So maybe that is the same case with the merchant you are looking at???
    Last edited by kse; February 9th, 2011 at 02:05 PM.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

On another note I see merchants on different network with different return days (cookies)
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    I think it has to do alot with management fees, when PJ open most of the clients who first setup on PJ were managed by PJ so they had to pay 2 fees to PJ one to be managed and one to the network.

I have a merchant who is on PJ and paid me say 9%, after the droped PJ from managing their program the commision at PJ stayed at say 9% but they then setup on a new network say GAN and are now paying me say 15%.

So I moved and now I am bring a few extra thousand a year just for changing networks.

So maybe that is the same case with the merchant you are looking at???
    This could have a lot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    On another note I see merchants on different network with different return days (cookies)
    I also see merchants on different networks with different PPC policies - that is really strange.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Sounds like PJ was charging a management fee that they discounted back to the affiliates on the other network. If you see a different cookie say shorter contact the merchant and as them to make them equal. As an OPM I push for the longest cookie possible and prefer 120 days with a minimum of 30. If we are successful after a year of management I will push for doubling the current cookie as further incentive for the affiliates.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread