Need some help here
    It is only this past few months that I have become familiar with Affiliate Marketing. I consult a company that could be huge for affiliate marketers and even bring new marketers to the table. They ship over 4 million in high margin product annually to a membership. Who can help me, or do I just take the company to Commission Junction?

Thanks for any input.

RB

Does CJ pay you a bounty? If they ship to a membership it looks like an affiliate program would pay for membership leads, not this high markup product. It is a little hard to figure out what help is needed being that the company in question is the entity that would need to participate in starting a program. Very sorry if I'm missing the question here?

This company could turn it's membership into affiliates to sell their educational products. And the products will have appeal to large segments in the general market. They are not touching the general market now but they know there is huge potential. They have asked me to help take their educational products to a larger market, so I am looking for full service Affilate Management who would allow me to represent them as an agent. Affiliates marketing their products would be a very efficient way to broaden their customer base. This is a high margin product with lots of room for affiliate commissions.

In case you couldn't tell, I am so new to AM that I may not even be asking the right questions.

Sorry but this is so far away from how it works I don't know what to say that would help. Typically a merchant joins a network, affiliates see new merchants and products in the network interface or in announcements or on the merchant's website and if they see a good match, something that is relevant to their sites, or to a new site they are planning to build - then they apply to join that merchant's program via the network interface. The network such as CJ handles link management, link tracking and reports to affiliates and merchants and handles payments to affiliates. The only outside party in this framework might be an OPM or Outsourced Program Manager who manages their program at the merchant's expense. OPMs are professional experienced program managers. Affiliates work similar to independent contractors. I just don't see where a need for your services other than to the merchant you represent would come into play and as an inexperienced program manager I don't see the value to the merchant.

This description is very basic and there are other players and functions but nothing like the setup you describe which sounds sort of like MLM.

I will make it work and come back and tell you about it. I have found my resource who understands exactly what I need. Thanks for the feedback.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread