Ann's Bridal Bargains CJ Is Linkshare Spam
    What's up with this nonsense?

I received an email from Ann's Bridal Bargains (I am not nor have I ever been nor do I ever intend to be affiliated with Ann's Bridal Bargains).

The email had this...

"You have received this email because you requested to receive email updates from Ann's Bridal Bargains. Please log in to your LinkShare account and visit our advertiser detail page and uncheck "Receive Email" if you wish to unsubscribe."

I do not recall ever hearing of an Ann's Bridal Bargains and NEVER "requested" email updates.

The email then had this...

"This message was sent by an advertiser in the Commission Junction network based on the mail settings selected in your account."

So, I can log into Linkshare to stop receive emails from Commission Junction.

What's up with that? That is just ignorant.

Got the same one.

Affiliate Manager
    Apologies from Ann's Bridal Bargains!!!
    Dear Affiliates,

We at Ann's Bridal Bargains sincerely apologize for sending out the previous email through our Commission Junction network. It was intended for joined publishers.

We assure you that this will not happen again. It is not spam, but an informational newsletter for our publishers. LinkShare's name was mistakenly placed on the very bottom of the email in tiny print, but as you noticed all links were directed to CJ and the email was sent through CJ.

We do welcome any publishers that do want to join our network. We do work with both LinkShare and Commission Junction so if you want to join, please choose a network and search for Ann's Bridal Bargains.

Again, we are terribly sorry that is has happened. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We hope to work with you in the future if you choose to apply into either one of our programs.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by annsbridalbargains View Post
    Dear Affiliates,

We at Ann's Bridal Bargains sincerely apologize for sending out the previous email through our Commission Junction network. It was intended for joined publishers.

We assure you that this will not happen again. It is not spam, but an informational newsletter for our publishers. LinkShare's name was mistakenly placed on the very bottom of the email in tiny print, but as you noticed all links were directed to CJ and the email was sent through CJ.

We do welcome any publishers that do want to join our network. We do work with both LinkShare and Commission Junction so if you want to join, please choose a network and search for Ann's Bridal Bargains.

Again, we are terribly sorry that is has happened. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We hope to work with you in the future if you choose to apply into either one of our programs.

Thank You!
    Thank you for responding and addressing this issue. However, I assure you I have not and would not put this on my website. I mostly deal in sports. I don't write negative articles on my websites. I do not know who is putting this and the issue on their website. I apologize for them doing that. Again, let me assure you it is not me. Because of this childish behavior by whomever is doing it, I will no longer post in this forum. Sorry for posting this. Didn't realize the childish behavior that it would result in. I am sure it was an honest mistake and now realize that anything I say or do in this forum will result in the "attack dogs" being unleashed. Again, I am NOT the one posting negative comments on websites.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Apology Spam
    You know, a suspicious person could see a method here:
    Dear XXXX,

{BUT}We do welcome any publishers that do want to join our network. Just apply through our CJ detail page Advertiser Detail: http colon slash slash members dot cj dot com/member/publisher/advertiserdirect.do?advertiserid=3178763.

Again, we are terribly sorry that is has happened. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We hope to work with you in the future if you choose to apply into our program.

Thanks Again,

Theresa

Affiliate Manager
    Ann's Bridal Bargains
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

WHAT is going on here (did not notice this earlier)?

A. I am NOT in this program;
    B. I do not remember getting the initial email, though I might well have sent it directly to SPAM;
    C. "Apology" email received at 10:24 am PST; and
    D. SECOND "Apology" email received at 10:49 am PST???????

Getting more suspicious with multiple "sorry, but why don't you join our program" emails?
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Another classic example. You will address us as the "affiliate team."

Tax Paying Member
    I received the same e-mails (2:05 PM Today) as you guys. In keeping with the group, I am not an affiliate and have never communicated with this merchant.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems a merchant accidentally sent out an email to all publishers.

it was intended for joined publishers
    What's with all the sarcastic comments after they issued an apology? It's just damage control on their part...

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems a merchant accidentally sent out an email to all publishers.

What's with all the sarcastic comments after they issued an apology? It's just damage control on their part...
    If they had merely issued an apology if would have been fine. But, what they did was apologize and then add a solicitation to join their program. Twice.

Note that they did not "mistakenly" send out the same email apology twice - the two messages were worded differently.

I don't want to split hairs about who did what... but I've received a number of these type of accidental emails... one GAN merchant actually used non-joined affiliate emails to solicit us for sales. The name escapes me, but there was an active thread a while ago.

My point is that *this* merchant took time to post an apology here - regardless of how they handled it (emails, etc.) I don't think they should continue to be berated in a public forum.
    Last edited by teezone; February 14th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Affiliate Manager
    Thank You to those who understand.
    Once again, we want to make it clear that the message was sincerely written as an apology. If you have an account in the Commission Junction network, that is how you would've received the email in the first place. The mistake was that the email should've been sent to "Joined" publishers and not "Not-Joined". We also didn't want to exclude anyone not interested which is why we stated that we welcome any publisher that wants to join to apply as we received emails from publishers that did want to apply.

Thanks for your understanding!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at: affiliates@annsbridalbargains.com

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annsbridalbargains View Post
    Thank You to those who understand.
    We will get over it. Just took some of us by surprise.

Thanks for explaning. Affiliates kinda like for managers/merchants to join in.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    In CJ you can pay to send to non-joined publishers and it sounds like it was sent to that list.

It just looks like an honest mistake to me, compounded by the fact that they tried to recruit in the apology email. I hope they stick around and learn.

FWIW, their CJ email actually had a first name and not just the impersonal "Affiliate Team".

We have to realize that not all merchants have the benefit of having learned from the collective knowledge of ABW and many don't even have much experience in the industry. That's why I think the educational components of ABW are so important. Many merchants want to (or at least are willing to) learn, and we all benefit when they do.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread