15 years and counting
    What's wrong with LinkShare reporting?
    February, Individual Items:
    I've thousands of sales reported, I'm not complaining. But they are for merchants deactivated, some of them, way before 2000.
    The funny thing is that the "product names" are for other merchants still active.
    It's a big mess.

Ditto here, a real blast from the past! When I reload page, correct stats come up.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

15 years and counting
    One of their coders must have removed the filter for Select Date Range: This month (February) and Last Month (January)
    The other reports are correct.
    ... and I was thinking my Valentine was buying all these gifts for me

I got that last night too... gazillions of dollars in sales, even for merchants that have been inactive for several years. Reminds me of the time a few years back that I ran a report and found that I had several million dollars in commissions due; that one got fixed real quick though
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I reported this morning to LS, it is OK if you select the dates in Feb.
    I noticed that this morning too. Something went awry, when they did the scheduled system maintenance, from 6 P.M. on the 11th to 6 A.M. this morning.

I sent an email to LinkShare Publisher Support, this morning, reporting this glitch. Today is Saturday. Possibly someone will see it on Sunday, but I doubt very much this will be in the hands of the systems administrators before Monday.

In the interim, I got the data I wanted to see, in Signature reports, perfectly, when I selected February 1st thru February 12th.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Crazy huh? I think I was seeing someone else's reports, actually. There were sales showing from merchants I've never worked with.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Someone from LS Publisher Support replied (Sunday)
    Yesterday, I reported this to LinkShare Publisher Support, in an email to them. This afternoon (Sunday, 13 February 2011) someone replied to me.

A few minutes ago, I recorded the steps I had taken, from logging in, to the results, which, for me, began with an August 2007 transaction, after I selected "This Month, February" for Signature Orders, and I just replied to him, with that information.

I'm sure this is some kind of glitch, from a change they made when the system was down for scheduled maintenance for 12 hours, starting Friday night and that when the LS Tech people are made aware of the problem, the will fix it.

Note: I found that after I get that page, for "This Month, February", that if I then select the dates for February that are available, and click again, then, I get the correct results, which are only for February 2011.

LinkShare Publisher Support requested Screenshot, which I sent him
    The man in LinkShare Publisher Support replied to me again. He requested a Screenshot, which I took and sent to him. A picture is worth 1000 words.....

Today is Sunday, so I do not believe this glitch will be fixed today, but, as soon as the LS Systems people see the Screenshot I sent them, they will know there is a problem with their Database queries, following a change they made during the Scheduled Maintenance that began Friday night, 11 February 2011.

Ditto on what Rexanne said about sales for merchants she never worked with + back to the future:
    Last Payment sent on 11-02-2011 (although merchant payment info had correct Feb. dates).
    Renée

15 years and counting
    I don't understand why they need a screenshot. They have special accounts where they can log in as an affiliate.

What's scary is the way they are keeping outdated information for so long. I saw transactions recorded way before 2000. WHAT ARE THEY DOING WITH THAT? Are they thinking to monetize this information or is it already done.
    What's legal? How long can they keep our data.
    I saw a bunch of OVERSTOCK transactions. They should transfer them to CJ for any chargeback...

@Zeus He wanted screenshot because he wasn't seeing what I reported
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I don't understand why they need a screenshot. They have special accounts where they can log in as an affiliate.
    <snip>
    @Zeus Yes, he logged into my account, but he didn't see what I was reporting. He probably didn't click thru the way I did, after I logged on to the LS Publisher Interface.

I sent him a screenshot and it will be very clear to their systems people, that something they changed Friday night went awry, from the screenshot.

15 years and counting
    Nothing wrong for sending them your screenshot. It's just that a network should not deny such problems.

@Zeus - LS will eliminate this glitch
    @Zeus - I'm sure LS will eliminate this glitch with the database requests, soon. I cannot imagine they would deploy this, on a Production server, without testing on a Dev. server. So, I believe something just went totally awry, during the scheduled system maintenance, last Friday night. The data is there, it's just the fetches are getting huge amounts of data, instead of what we are specifically requesting. When I request, with specific dates, eg: 01 February to 14 February, I get the correct data, but, if I request with "This Month, February" I get data going back for years. I see that with Signature Orders and also with Individual Items, but possibly it is happening for other types of requests to the database too.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi all,

I have to admit, at first I did not see this either but I do see it now. This is a bug in our system and our tech team is working on fixing it.

It seems the issue is limited only to the "Reports">"Overview" page. If you select any of the drop downs on the right hand side, the filters don't seem to be working and it shows you all data.

However, what does work, is if you click on "Advanced Reports" and run the reports from there it should work perfectly.

I do apologize for all of the confusion. We do have a close eye on this issue and hope to resolve it as quickly as possible.

--Ranae

Hi all,

As a final update, this issue is now resolved and all report & filters should be working as expected.

--Ranae

ABW Ambassador
    My "Quick Stats(this month)" total commission does not match the number from "signature orders(this month)" report. Anybody sees the same problem?

Made only 1 sale during this period (2/12-2/17) which was not a sale from my top performing merchant. Had sales this period on other networks + indies. Pretty odd.
    Renée

mayfly,

All of our reports are run on Transaction date except Signature Orders report which is run on Process date. This is why you see the discrepancy. Within the Signature Orders report it has both columns available.

--Ranae
    Last edited by LinkShare Moderator; February 24th, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread