Borders.com Filing for Bankruptcy
    The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Borders.com will file for bankruptcy early this week.

Borders Nearing Bankruptcy Filing - WSJ.com

As a reminder, after a company files for bankruptcy, affiliates generally don't get paid their outstanding commissions.

I am yanking Borders from my site today.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I just heard that on the radio. Anyone know for sure if this includes borders.com?

Pulling them now is probably pointless. It's the outstanding commissions up through the date that they file for bankruptcy that are affected by the bankruptcy. Anything earned AFTER the bankruptcy (as long as it's a restructuring, which I believe is the case with Borders) is usually pretty secure.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

but... but... but... they are too big to fail.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm more worried that I may not be able to go to my local borders store and sit down with a coffee and read magazines. I did hear that the Australian Borders chain won't be affected though!
    Last edited by glittered; February 18th, 2011 at 08:04 PM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Did you read in the article that B&N is also up for sale? That is unreal to me, but then so is the downfall of Blockbusters who is closing stores left and right. And Starbucks is downplaying coffee as their primary customer draw? (shaking head) I'm wondering what places are making it? Are we doomed to drinking McDonald's version of gourmet coffee while reading our Kindles or watching old movies on Netflix? It's becoming an isolated world without much eye-to-eye contact. But then, there is some guy out there that is trying to get a process to liquefy the ashes of the diseased so that our remains can then be poured down a sink. What a world.

Uhm.. I got a little off topic, sorry. I should just go pull my Border's links and be quiet.
    Last edited by leeann; February 19th, 2011 at 05:30 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Does anyone know of a way to count this as a loss on your taxes??
    Last edited by InfoScout; February 21st, 2011 at 05:01 AM.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Magenta"]Marie Sanders[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [URL="http://mariesandersonline.com"]htttp://www.mariesandersonline.com[/URL]

Did you already count it as income when it was earned (but not paid)? If not, you can't count it as a loss.

Think about it this way. If I agree to pay you $1,000,000 but go bankrupt and never pay it to you, can you write $1,000,000 off of your taxes? Nope.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Fox News journalist said Borders sold Internet stuff to Amazon, years ago
    Several days ago, I watched a segment on Fox News Channel about the Borders bankruptcy. A Fox News female journalist said, that years ago, Borders sold their Internet operation to Amazon.com She also stated that for a retail operation not to have a big Internet presence now (2011) is a fatal mistake. Apparently, they tried to return to the Internet, but they tried too late.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Did you already count it as income when it was earned (but not paid)? If not, you can't count it as a loss.

Think about it this way. If I agree to pay you $1,000,000 but go bankrupt and never pay it to you, can you write $1,000,000 off of your taxes? Nope.
    It was worth a try.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Magenta"]Marie Sanders[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [URL="http://mariesandersonline.com"]htttp://www.mariesandersonline.com[/URL]

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread