Outsourced Program Manager
    Thailand/ Cambodia
    This is a first. spammed by one of my affiliates

We are one of your affiliates on LinkShare. We would like to introduce you to our new site, is a powerful commerce-centric social networking site intended to provide useful shopping information to consumers and lead to new customers for businesses.

By placing links to on using the banners below you can get more exposure and customers. The banners invite your customers to look up on and share their experiences with it with their Facebook friends quickly and easily. Customers can either recommend to their friends with a single click, or post full detailed reviews and post those to Facebook easily. If any coupons or other information are available to assist them in the shopping process, they can find or share those on also. Existing satisfied customers and site visitors are your best advocates and their friends' most trusted resource for online shopping decisions!
    and on with the baners and such.
    must have been a slow day
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

It sounds like one of your affiliates taking the time to clearly explain what they're doing. It doesn't sound like spam (and I'm normally very quick to condemn spammers).
    Last edited by markwelch; February 15th, 2011 at 08:46 AM.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    The Swamp
    Mark, it sounds like they are wanting the merchant to place banner links for the affiliate on the merchant site. It's a unique approach to merchant promotion, I'll give them that. Place my links on your site Mr. Merchant and when the consumer clicks through they'll be helped in finding more information about you.

OK, the first time I read this I didn't read carefully. It certainly is a promotional email (not informational). However, I don't really see how it's very different from what advertisers send to publishers every day.

No, I don't expect merchants to post banners or links to publisher sites (this would be a "leak" which other publishers would properly object to). Yes, it's a bit strange. But spam? Not quite.

The Pale Blue Dot
    That's not spam... and it is informational.
    Last edited by La_Valette; February 15th, 2011 at 08:41 PM.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -- Homer Simpson

sounds more like inviting the president to your birthday party. futile and effortless, but in the extreme unlikely event it happens, what a great payoff.

in fact, I'm going to build a review site and send an email off to right now to see if they'll just redirect their customers to me so they can review and buy items from my site.
    Last edited by bradk; February 17th, 2011 at 10:23 AM.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Shopping directories of all kinds do this all the time - affiliates call them leaks.

Upfront, tjoos, TheFind, and so on...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread