Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I have a few Amazon links up for books which compliment some of the products I sale. These links are in a separate area (ie not on the same page) as the products I actually sell. They are all clearly marked as products from Amazon.

So I get an email from someone asking for my email addy (hmmm maybe the contact page would be a good place to look..and well...you just emailed me no?) to send money via PayPal because they wanted to order something. I'm scratching my head a bit on this as I certainly have a shopping cart. Then I notice my next email is from the same person and it's a PayPal notice of money recieved. I take a look.

Well seems they sent me money for a book they want from Amazon. Even emailed me the name of the book and everything.

Off to do a refund and explain to them how to shop online.

I think its worse when people email you their credit card number

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Sounds like a frustrating start to your morning Kellikins!

Hey - maybe if you're sweet enough (which you always are) this person will have such a good memory of the online shopping experience that he or she will return a million more times to buy a million more books from your site!

It's a chance to touch base with the customer 1:1 - turn it into an opportunity for a chance at relationship building!

You aren't kidding about that one either JJJ. I absolutely cringe when that happens and try to educate them about online security.

@Liz: Yeppers. What I love is when I get someone calling absolutely screaming at me about where is their order. When I finally get a word in and convince them they didn't order from me because we don't even CARRY that product and then walk away with a sale for myself.

All very time consuming though and some folks really shouldn't be turned out on the Net with credit card in hand without some supervision.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    > credit card in hand without some supervision.
    > worse when people email you their credit card number

And who said affiliate marketing was dead. Goes to show theres alot of new traffic out there and alot of educating to do.

That's a good thing

http and a telephoto
    Amazon doesn't take PayPal, so maybe they followed the link and when they couldn't use PayPal there, they came back to you to make the purchase? Actually a smart move, albiet not what we want happening.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Kellie - The first thing I thought of (You are really going to laugh) maybe some parasite set something up by mistake and didn't set his own stuff up right. You are getting all the parasites profits somehow instead of them.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

lOL NYFalcon. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I do have them pop on my site and shopping cart though.

I actually had an app installed on the computer and went to my site to check something while on the phone with a customer. I got a pop from the app for a competitors site for a competing product. I closed the pop without much consideration since I was dealing with the customer. She was surfing along with me. About 2 secs later she asked me about the competiting product. I asked if she had just seen a pop up on my site for it and she said yes. Seems she had the same app installed on her computer only she didn't know it. Of course I helped her clean up her computer while I had her on the phone. How's that for customer support?

Ha ha ha! That's awesome!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

You should explain to the person that they can pay amazon with their paypal.

They just need to get their Virtual Paypal Debit card number from paypal. Tell them to loginto paypal go to shops and enter the URL of the website they want to visit.

Clean one computer at a time it all helps. I am constantly telling guys at work that I have pictures of naked women on my sites. They go there and the next day I ask them if they saw the pop up of paris hilton naked. When they say no I know their computer is clean.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Smooooooth Kellie! I bet that customer remembers you for life now. Way to go!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread