Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post When i can create Signature in this forum?
    When i can create Signature in this forum? Is there any rule? I mean after howmany posts i can create signature in this forum.

When you have participated for awhile. 250 useful posts is the normal setting. See details here:
    Forum Rules - updated 8/30/2010 - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Patience grasshopper. Who are you?

250 useful posts is the normal setting
    But when somebody asks that in their first post, it gets manually changed to 10,000 posts.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Zzzzzzzzz!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

When signature field activates?
    Hi,

I'm a member here for more than a month now. But it seems there is no sign of signature link being activated. How and when signature links becomes active?

Someone else asked the same thing today. It is up there in the Rules. Normally it is 250 useful posts. See more info here: When i can create Signature in this forum? - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Wow it's just too high!! I think you can be more flexible. 50 posts would have been a moderate one.

Too many people would just come for the 50 posts, get their sig and not bother to participate. You have a good start, by 250 posts you have made good friends and associations here, you have learned some useful information and probably helped someone else to learn.
    A lot of members managed to make 250 posts, you can too. Besides it wouldn't be right to lower the bar just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    Too many people would just come for the 50 posts, get their sig and not bother to participate. You have a good start, by 250 posts you have made good friends and associations here, you have learned some useful information and probably helped someone else to learn.
    A lot of members managed to make 250 posts, you can too. Besides it wouldn't be right to lower the bar just for you.
    Not just for me actually. I wanted it to be general rule. But it's up to you actually. I thought the forum would be more active if more people found something for them in return earlier. Just a thought!

I thought the forum would be more active if more people found something for them in return earlier.
    Posts made for the sake of reaching a threshold are the last thing most of us here would want to have to trudge through. 50 is way too low; certainly low enough to invite droves of post bombers (I've seen it happen on other forums that had thresholds of 25 and 50).
    Last edited by davidh; February 16th, 2011 at 08:52 AM.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by ameerulislam10 View Post
    I thought the forum would be more active if more people found something for them in return earlier. Just a thought!
    The big problem would be those that feel that the only thing useful that a forum has to offer is a backlink. I always found that what was really useful here was the knowledge base, camaraderie and information on today's issues that affect my business.

And I have to agree with davidh. I really don't want to wade through thousands of garbage threads just so a bunch of noobs that have no intention to participate can get a backlink. That's not what we're here for. I didn't even notice when I hit 250 posts.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Affiliate Manager RobinD4Hypnosis's Avatar
    Posting in Diet and Fitness
    Hello All,

I read where you have to create 250 useful posts before you can add your signature but I am wondering why I can post in some Forums like this one, but can't comment on the thread about Diet and Fitness, specifically the Cut out Soft drinks thread.

What did i miss?

Thanks,
    Robin

Some forums have limited access until after a specified number of posts that may vary per forum, these are primarily forums for OT topics that are not related to affiliate marketing like "Diet and Fitness". This was instituted because some forums that were set up for member's OT discussions seem to attract a disproportionate amount of first post spam and useless comments. Have patience.

Where is signature option
    I am new in this forum. When i logged in first time i could not see signature option. why?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Because your signature is less important than what you post.

Usually you get signature rights after 250 USEFUL posts - this is to prevent spammers from just registering to create a signature.

Looking forward to your useful posts...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Moderator Note: I've merged several of these similar questions about Signatures together, moved it to the appropriate forum, and made it a sticky thread. Future questions about Signatures will be merged here.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I was wondering why so many people were asking an "already answered" question in this thread... makes sense now that I see they were merged in.

Signatures are a privilege, not a right!

Paul

[Best Monty Python voice]

I've been here 5 years - they only hung me the right way up yesterday!

:coffeetim

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    But when somebody asks that in their first post, it gets manually changed to 10,000 posts.
    LOL .I do wonder whether will he stay here to reach 10000 posts and add his signature. I would prefer to consider a change in policy and keep 100 posts instead of 250.Thanks

Wow, so y'all think being an ABW forum member should give you sig rights sooner? That's your main reason for joining this or any forum: to be able to link to your site, biz, whatever? That's why you bother joining a forum at all? G-d forbid you're required to actually be useful! After all, we all know forums exist solely for the purpose of having the almighty sig line. Not at ABW.

There's plenty of other forums that are chock-filled with thousands of members all chanting "look at me, look at my sig 'cause I truly have no other reason to be here except to promote my biz. I have no intentions of ever reading or truly participating in a thread or this forum. All I want is eyeballs on my sig."

Sorry, folks. Members here learn what it really means to be a forum member. It's more than just mumbling a few words, throwing up a smilie & referring to your sig line.
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Affiliate Manager OutdoorPlayToys's Avatar
    As a new member I am thankful for the signature rule! That is one of the things that has drawn me here - it shows that the quality of the information will be more useful and that the core of this community is in its encouragement of relationships.....that is why I joined......to be a part of a community.....to me if all you are looking to do after joining is create a signature, this may not be the right place...just my 2 cents as a newbie.

I think 250 post is fine. It compels a user to share knowledge base rather just get links in the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    .... Looking forward to your useful posts...
    That's a good one!

(And you don't need to count this post as a useful post, either!)

Hi
    I think 250 post is not appropriate for signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast