Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    WE SHALL OVER COME SOME DAY!

For Christs sake, this Industry is dead, notice I said dead and not dying. We are hit with the persona of spammer. Why is that? Well to my eyes it is the RX community (yes they are on AWB) and just about any other program in CJ Or Linshare out there. Trace the spam back far enough and who do we find non other than out trusted 3rd parties.

I have never spamed, never even used a popup in over 3 years. And yet my income goes down. Needless to say I am pissed at Linkshare for allowing scumbag Survey Man another Go! It will not end till somebody is jailed.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Tibbs you have nailed the decline and fall of this industry into a cesspool of spammers. Not one AM on this board hasn't migrated to the demands of sleezebag affiliate spammers. We Got doorway page feeds -we got coupons -we got links for e-mail spammers -we got BHO's for hire to our cookie stuffing partners -come and get your PPCSE keywords -Read e-emails for cash -surf to earn - SEM for Idiots - exit traffic schemes - template sites for RX e-mail spammers Adnausium and Adnausium from ABW AM's.

The industry started with an advertising mindset monitizing spammers, Telemarketers and touted free traffic for entry fees. The Ad industry rules through the IAB/DMA gorrilla marketers calling every shot on every network.

Messer and all are just mouth piece puppets for the the masters draining the Advertising budgets of the suckered in merchants. Real value ad affiliates using domain showcases and honest promotion methods are marginalize and fed to the commission thieves. Hell look who owns CJ/BeFree and Performics.... Ad agencies and BHO investors.

I'm patient and will wait till the perp walks start to happen as greed leads to criminal activity every time.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Whats that saying
    If you can't beat em Join em.

I wonder if the FTC has any say in the way affiliate programs are run.

Does anyone have a list of every merchant that is linked to spyware or adaware?

The problem is what definition of spam you are using there are so many. Strictly speaking anything you do on your site that is not for visitors but for search engines is spam, so that casts a net wide enough that few here would slip through.

It's still the golden age tibbs, it won't be this good forever. There are still plenty of opportunities, the main asset anyone could have is just patience, waiting while all the work you've done pays off.

The other question is who really cares about spam, do what is necessary to support yourself and your family within the bounds you feel comfortable with.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    Not one AM on this board hasn't migrated to the demands of sleezebag affiliate spammers.
    - - - - -

Hey now, did somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bird cage? There's lotsa good AMs out there. Personally, though, I am ALL FOR everybody else giving up and quitting.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Not one AM on this board hasn't migrated to the demands of sleezebag affiliate spammers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike: Not one? C'mon, I have a hard time believing that you really mean every single AM on this board.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The problem is what definition of spam you are using there are so many. Strictly speaking anything you do on your site that is not for visitors but for search engines is spam, so that casts a net wide enough that few here would slip through. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Davros: Good point.

Sad but true as the best of the best at ABW have told me they have to pass out spam food as the majority of their affiliates demand it.

Want to kill the BHO browser spammers and majority of SE spam pull COUPONS. Watch the outroar. Pull the doorway page building auto cookie setting blackhat tool of choice ...DATAFEEDS... and watch the outroar. Want to hear the DUPERS cry foul just pull the INCENT reporting interfaces and the daily updates of incentives and specials fueling the BHO's and the backdoor automated Super Affiliates.

Currently it's all about spam food for the tricksters.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

So, I guess we won't be seeing you guys in Vegas.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Want to kill the BHO browser spammers and majority of SE spam pull COUPONS. Watch the outroar. Pull the doorway page building auto cookie setting blackhat tool of choice ...DATAFEEDS... and watch the outroar. Want to hear the DUPERS cry foul just pull the INCENT reporting interfaces and the daily updates of incentives and specials fueling the BHO's and the backdoor automated Super Affiliates.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, not all of us datafeeders are auto-cookie setting tricksters! They're polluting the pool!

Other than to make that disclaimer, I'm not quite sure whether to blame that rant or bless it, as some of those propositions would cause a lot of W*RK for me (bad!)...

Yet they would cause a lot of my competition to DIE outright!

I suppose I could farm out the work to India
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

http and a telephoto
    I don't use coupons, so won't comment on that, but I am REALLY tired of datafeeds being pointed to as the death of the affiliate industry. Like any other tool, SOME people, let me say that again, SOME PEOPLE, not ALL people abuse datafeeds. They would find a way to abuse other types of linking methods if datafeeds weren't available.

So stop picking on DATAFEEDS. It isn't the tool, it is the USER that causes the problems. Shut down the people that ABUSE the TOOL, not a sweeping brush to eliminate the TOOL.

I rarely shout, but this constant attack on a tool I use RESPONSIBLY, and many others use, RESPONSIBLY it really irritating.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Datafeed pages, passed out like candy to affiliates, so flooded the SERPs that Google choaked on 1 billion new duplicate pages inside 2 months. They were spam enticements for SE panels since the first one was passed out. The holy gail of SE spammers and the means for AM's to use 3rd parties to bomb their competition.

Ha ha, you're still bothered by that old panel of mine?

I got my panels BEFORE there were any datafeeds available. That was good old fashioned home cooking!

If there isn't a mixer I'll stir it myself but if you want higher SE listings than me it'll still mean having to pass my competing pages.

the Google Folks are not dummies; bide your time.

Internet Cowboy
    So what Mike is saying is that we should all scatter 250 different products not relating to each other on one page with, kinda like ecomcity. This method makes it impossible to find anything, but then Google would like us again? Is that what you are saying Mike?

http and a telephoto
    As usual Mike, you aren't listening. So I won't bother.

Back to the topic of the thread, if a program doesn't allow spam, then report the affiliates to the merchant. If they do, then drop the merchant and tell them why. And report the spam to all the spam reporting agencies. Makes more sense than declaring that affiliate marketing is dead.

When the spamming affiliates get booted there will be more commissions for the rest of us.

Oh, and Mike, most spammers use redirects and don't use DATAFEEDS, that requires paying for hosting and traffic. They would rather use redirects at the registrar level and not pay for anything.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Pull coupons, pull incents, lol. We had this talk before. You know the biggest incent to consumers is free shipping. Pull your free shipping from your suspenders program, lead the way

Coupons aren't going anywhere, once you start thinking from a base of reality, then you can start moving forward.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Back to the topic of the thread, if a program doesn't allow spam, then report the affiliates to the merchant. If they do, then drop the merchant and tell them why. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watch it--everyone who doesn't make a mess like EcomCity out of their sites will be called a spammer!

OMG, sites with *ONE* relevant page per item! Suddenly that'll be "spam" instead of making it easy for buyers to find what the heck they're looking for!

I would agree with Loxly, it isn't the tool it the user and how they abuse the system.

Datafeeds as it's place like coupons and banners, banners also get abused.

We should go after the abusers who ruin it for everyone, affiliates and merchants.

That's my say.

Cheers,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loxly:
    I don't use coupons, so won't comment on that, but I am REALLY tired of datafeeds being pointed to as the death of the affiliate industry. Like any other tool, SOME people, let me say that again, SOME PEOPLE, not ALL people abuse datafeeds. _They would find a way to abuse other types of linking methods if datafeeds weren't available._

So stop picking on DATAFEEDS. It isn't the tool, it is the USER that causes the problems. _Shut down the people that ABUSE the TOOL, not a sweeping brush to eliminate the TOOL. _

I rarely shout, but this constant attack on a tool I use RESPONSIBLY, and many others use, RESPONSIBLY it really irritating. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike:

Just to be clear, you're saying that anyone who uses a datafeed is a spammer?

Because that means phillyBurbs is a spammer. We use a handful of datafeeds. So, to further clarify, phillyBurbs.com is a spammer because we use datafeeds.

ABW Ambassador
    Under Mike's definitions he is a spammer. He's offered to make a feed for his suspender program. His suspender program uses incents to get sales. He uses coupons on his site. Mike is a spammer. Or maybe you can do all that but only the way Mike says and then you're not a spammer.

OK, Mike, it looks like I'm not the only one who is confused about the status of phillyBurbs.com.

Are we a spammer?

1) We use datafeeds
    2) We sometimes post coupon codes

Does that mean we are a spammer?

Shove it Trustno1 as your lying crap just forces everyone to hate your guts as a 2 faced protector of domains you sure don't want analized by Ms.B or others here. Merchants give me a common cop out saying I should try posting coupons to overcome piss poor conversion ratios. I throw up some with NO PPCSE accounts to prove them wrong. Why. Because all they best earners use coupon SEO/SEM tricks to whack my cookies at the point of sale.

Take Overstrock. They made me a special front page auto-updated coupon showcase display personalized for EcomCity. With over 500 click and ZERO sales in 2 months they paid me 50.00 and ate crow that coupons were the answer. Ask OS Shawn, or search ABW for that jewel of a thread. Any Merchants (all of my merchant clients included) would eliminate 80% of cart abandonment by dropping the "place coupon/promo code here" section in their shopping cart.

All coupons were dropped in 1998 from the Holdup Suspenders shopping cart program and never will appear again. Sal Herman read the abuses here on FEED affiliates and said my call. Poon and the other affiliate wanting the feed nixed the idea as they got 1/20 conversions without the mirrored pages.

I also refused using a FEED into Amazon Shops as I knew they'd export it and feed it to their affiliates and partners in XML or CVS format. Many of those partners are parasites. I've never e-mail a single offer to a EcomCity mail list other then the wholesale club. Those members pay 25.00 per year to get on that list www.ecomcity.com/club.htm so it's more then a ABB kerry fan stretch to call that a spam list.

$375.00 of those membership fees went to Ms Buckworks for the CoC meeting expenses as my contribution. I also armed her with a A-G disclosure plan that would have made the diversion and BHO relationships transparent on all networks. That plan was the official ABW position paper. I've never paid one penny for advertising or even SE listings for Ecomcity which doesn't complete with anyone here.

PhillyBurbs you know there are exception to any broad stroke claim. Did you rush out and create 20 domains with every Feed that came down the pike to panel serps? Do you SEO/SEM trademarks and merchant domains to show ****** + coupon to play that spam tool game. Try googling Holdup Suspenders + coupons or suspenders + coupons and see if me or my clients show up.

Now try mens suspenders or suspenders and see where the SERPs show Holdup Suspenders and they never ever paid a nickle for SE listings. Only a trickster would accuse someone so trasparent of being one on 200 occasions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Shove it Trustno1 as your lying crap just forces everyone to hate your guts as a 2 faced protector of domains you sure don't want analized by Ms.B or others here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to say that I, for one, do not hate TrustNo1's guts, nor any other part of him, so everyone is probably a bit of an overstatement.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>OK, Mike, it looks like I'm not the only one who is confused about the status of phillyBurbs.com.

Are we a spammer?

1) We use datafeeds
    2) We sometimes post coupon codes

Does that mean we are a spammer? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

?????

ABW Ambassador
    "Shove it Trustno1 as your lying crap just forces everyone to hate your guts as a 2 faced protector of domains you sure don't want analized by Ms.B or others here."

LOL. You reached a point of pathetic when someone disagrees with you that you post dumb shit like above or in the political forum. Disagree with Mike or if you support Kerry, you're a traitor. A few trusted merchants here know my domains, my real name, my home address etc. You're also the last one to be talking about anybody lying. No one on this board has lied more than you. I would have no problem finding threads to link to, to support that, and you know that. You know in 2 days you will owe me a $100 bill for calling you on it once. You remember the merchant you lied about? The affiliate program you run is the worst i've seen. I can link to threads talking about that too if you want. You posting your affiliates private info here in the forum, their home address, 3 mods editing your posts. Good way to shut your affiliates up from critizing you. As far as posting domains, i did once, made it very easy for a parasite to whois me and pay me a visit. Stop lying, stop being a hypocrite, stick with facts would be a good place for you to start. Coupons, incents, feeds aren't going away. You don't like it, who cares.

For Christs sake! I startedc this thread and believe it is the networks are f**king us peace out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast