Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    742
    This is really great news! Merck has evidently developed a vaccine that protects against cervical cancer.

    It protected 94% of women from getting the virus that causes cervical cancer and of the remaining 6% none developed precancerous conditions. That's compared to a control group in which 111 women out of 750 (15%) caught the virus with precancers forming in 12.

    The story is here:

    Study: Vaccine Protects Against Cancer

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    742
    A correction. The National Cancer Institute invented the vaccine. The government gave rights to develop it to two companies — Merck and GlaxoSmithKline.

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador Vrindavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2003
    Posts
    1,902
    i do not believe in Vaccine

    Vaccine is not safe itself

  4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Just Say NO to The Swine Flu Vaccine of 2009!
    By Anne in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: October 31st, 2009, 05:19 PM
  2. Study Shows Dogs Able to Smell Cancer
    By bob95603 in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 24th, 2004, 05:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •