How fruitful is to attend affiliate marketing events?
    Iím observing that, many events are taking place for affiliate marketing. People are paying high amount to attend such workshops. I wanted to know that attend such workshops is worth full or not. Can I learn more from there rather than webinars or tutorials?
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

yeah they work. i think they work in a great extinct cause thousands of people are using them. and getting good profit
    i am also one of them. by attaining the affiliate marketing events you can also know about the detail of online affiliate marketing and other related things.

ABW Ambassador
    Many just go for the NETWORKING...

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Maria, the main reason that I go to events like Affiliate Summit is to network face to face with affiliates I work with and meet new people. This business is in a large part about the relationships that you build. Having a close relationship with an affiliate manager can get you a special offer. An affiliate manager who builds a close relationships with affiliates at conferences, etc might get preferential placements. I've even been able to line up jobs when needed through contacts made at conferences through face to face meetings. There is way more to it than just content.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

5. Thanks From:

Gotta agree. The educational components can be good (especially at Affiliate Summit), but the networking is the most important aspect.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

http and a telephoto
    Affiliate ABCs #20 Ė The Importance of Networking to Your Bottom Line - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

This podcast has real world examples of the benefits of blending networking at online forums and in person at events.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    Maria, the main reason that I go to events like Affiliate Summit is to network face to face with affiliates I work with and meet new people. This business is in a large part about the relationships that you build. Having a close relationship with an affiliate manager can get you a special offer. An affiliate manager who builds a close relationships with affiliates at conferences, etc might get preferential placements. I've even been able to line up jobs when needed through contacts made at conferences through face to face meetings. There is way more to it than just content.
    I'm agreed, it is providing you the opportunity for building up relationships. But what about the higher charges don't you think, it is tooo much ????
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    Affiliate ABCs #20 – The Importance of Networking to Your Bottom Line - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

This podcast has real world examples of the benefits of blending networking at online forums and in person at events.
    loxly,
    Good one..Thanks for sharing it.
    Last edited by maria jarel; February 18th, 2011 at 02:21 AM.
    [/COLOR]

I've never attain such kind of events but very much eager to attain the next affiliate summit. Of course there would be some fruitful results of attaining such seminars. Meeting at face to face with the affiliate managers and stars is really very worthful in my views. It widen the networking opportunities and teach us many real life examples of marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by maria jarel View Post
    I'm agreed, it is providing you the opportunity for building up relationships. But what about the higher charges don't you think, it is tooo much ????
    If you recruit just one new superaffiliate, the cost of attending a conference or buying a sub-forum on ABW more than pays for itself.

At a conference or in a forum, you can interact with hundreds or even thousands of affiliates. Even if none of them turn out to be a superaffiliate for you, you can solidify those relationships and increase activity with many of them.

Kudos, Debbie, for pointing out the synergy between forums and conferences. I totally agree. Forums help build recognition and awareness, and conferences help solidify those relationships.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

As an affiliate at these events, when I see a brand that I'm not doing so well with it gives me an opportunity to get some more info about products and a better way to promote them. This helps put a face to a name when I call or email. Plus I get to find out about networks and programs that I wouldn't have otherwise known about.

Affiliate Manager
    While I did think that the sessions were helpful, I found it was really hard to meet affiliates for my program without having a booth...

I could see how this would be a problem.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Magenta"]Marie Sanders[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [URL="http://mariesandersonline.com"]htttp://www.mariesandersonline.com[/URL]

really hard to meet affiliates for my program without having a booth...
    Unless you have an in-house program you could have asked the network what options they had available. Some merchants had their own booths, but many merchant's programs offered information and meet-up space at the network booths - at least a place to hang around. Something to think about for the next one coming up.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for the tip..will definitely try that next time!

Alright guys, Thanks for the guidance, now I believe attending the conferences are really useful.
    [/COLOR]

Yep, there's a huge amount of networking that can be done, and it could increase your bottom line month-over-month to have solid relationships like that with your affiliates/advertisers.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread