Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I just received a flyer from my son's school promoting the Box Tops 4 Education Marketplace. They basically have a huge affiliate mall and only paying the schools 50% in most cases (sometimes less and sometimes more) Examples, Overstock, they indicate they donate 2.5% of each sale, they pay up to 7%, Golfsmith 2.5%, they pay 5%.

Imagine the traffic they must get as these flyers are probably sent to every student in every school and also promoted by the PTO.

Don't get me wrong, it's great they make donations to local schools. But they have to make a profit and then write off the donations. Call me crazy but this does not seem right.

whenever I run across one of these I receive an imaginary whap upside the head and a little voice says "there's another one you missed . . ."

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's the same old charity scammers branching out putting a "cause" issue as the hook for disguising their thievery. All TopMoxie apps are designed to get double the commison rate of normal affiliates and skim 50-80% of the profits off the top before the pittance is passed on. Under most charities and do-gooder causes is some wank getting a limo ride to the office ...then the Golf Course..
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    What I never get on these type of set ups are how do they know which schools send the traffic so they know how much the schools have earned? Surely they don't set up separate affiliate accounts for ALL the different schools participating. That would be a bear to do and maintain.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What I never get on these type of set ups are how do they know which schools send the traffic so they know how much the schools have earned? Surely they don't set up separate affiliate accounts for ALL the different schools participating. That would be a bear to do and maintain. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe with SID numbers. Those were originally used to tell which member of a site did what, if I remember the CJ PR correctly...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread