Looking for reseller account, must be reliable, unlimited domains, and subdomains. plenty of space and bandwidth.. and above all RELIABLE!!> up time is excellent..

I have gone with many where they have gone down and not even told there people.. that is not acceptable.

let me know who yah with. and who you recommend.. and PLEASE dotn recommend someone for the sake of trying to get a sale from me clicking through your affiliate link as i will know those who are doing that.. lol

I use lightningservers.net... very little downtime... less then .5% over the past 2 years

I also use hostingwithus.com which I use and also sell... over the past 7 months no down time other then when they were hit by the first hurricane in florida... they were down a few hours while power was restored...

there are lots of others in many threads... you just needto dig a little...

both have excellent support... when problems arise are delt with quikly...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Reliable? Ok in the past I would have said interland but one of my dedicated servers was down 10 days and then I decided (after being with them for four years and having paid them up to $10K a month for all my servers to leave and went to Rackspace with 5 dedicated boxes ... since the migration I've had one tech on the phone with me from 9pm to 2am one night working on a customized plesk and database setup on the new boxes. I'm not only floored at the level of support they offer but the speed at which issues get resolved. I don't think I would ever use any other provider.

They also have a Zero-Downtime Network guarantee as well as a 1 hour hardware replacement program so if your looking for reliable ... there ain't no other than Rackspace.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I use a UK company called Donhost who cost me around US$600/year for 20Mb bandwidth and unlimited domains. What I find though is that successful sites soon outgrow it, but that kind of account is a good "incubator" for sites.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    They also have a Zero-Downtime Network guarantee as well as a 1 hour hardware replacement program so if your looking for reliable ... there ain't no other than. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DITTO,

While upgrading to a larger hard drive - the dang thing crashed. No ones fault the manufacture glitch. I was not down at all - they migrated my server so I had ZERO down time with a hard drive crash!

I love calling them at 3:00am to understand why my ecron is not friggin working. YUP it’s always something I did wrong, but they are there for you at all hours of the day and night!

For the prices reseller accounts are going for now a days. It may be best just to start your own hosting biz.

I use GoDaddy and haven't had any problems. I put up a new site about a month ago in about an hour after I signed up. I thought their setup of my domain, and IP was very fast. I paid for a year of service - $115.00. I get 100 gigs of bandwidth (per month), 2 gigs of disk space and some other goodies. They are worth a look see.
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

ABW Ambassador
    Here's one NOT to use : Uplink Earth

Severe limitations on what you can run on their servers, among many other things. They are reliable - generally - but most other hosts are, too.

I just moved my site to a VPS server at VPSColo.Com and have had excellent success so far.

Try to get an enom account. 6.95 or 7.95 domains if your able to get one. search ebay. People sell them

ABW Ambassador
    Don't think you're not going to get a lot of dinfinitive info by asking on this board. Your bet best is going to Web Hosting Talk to get a feel for different hosts across a very broad base of users. They also have a forum where hosts offer specials. Take what you find out in this forum and then check out the different hosting companies on Web Hosting Talk.

Bob

I use www.servermatrix.com which is part of www.theplanet.com. They're readily available 24 hours a day, but they can be a little slow sometimes when a reboot is necessary. They offer very competitive prices and a good selection of options, but I may eventually move over to Rackspace.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    If you are tech savy, know what you want, know what to ask for from them and can afford them then don't fool around with any other, agree with Haiko, Rackspace

If other, then autica.com reseller account (midphase) is great. They still have the sign up for $1.00 for 3 months and unlimited everything else.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Rackspace

Not only do they satisfy those who like to call tech at 3AM, they're great with those of us who want things to just keep on running without needing to call them much. It's rare that I actually have to pick up the phone to them since everything's usually running smoothly. But when I have had to call, things get fixed ASAP with no screaming required.

Reseller accounts/shared hosting may *sound* cheaper, and at first they are--but once a lot of domains are involved the account fees add up and nondedicated's really not cheap anymore.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I have 3 years of free hosting from 1and1. I'm planning on upgrading that package soon though. They also have domains for 5.99. I'm still fairly new to all of this, but I've been happy with them.
    I forgot what I was doing.

ABW Ambassador
    I have three tiers of servers.

Most reliable:
    My own massive server hosted at a loction 4 miles from my home. I found a local at webhostingtalk.

Mid Reliability:
    Couple of servers at ServerBeach. Check their message boards for network reliability.

Low reliability:
    Various, not worth specifying.

I just want to point out to LastHope, that this type of thread gets started about every three weeks or so.

You would do well to search for those threads, and do your own research.

Fred

thanks guyz some great info there..

buy_online..

time is money dude.. quicker to post a thread and have people answer.. than wade through endless general posts searching for the specific answer

Been very happy with HTTPme.com

They had downtime about 2 months ago when one of their datacenter providers decided to make a major move to a new location with little warning. I think they handled it well, but I was offline for about 5 hours on a Sunday night.
    otherwise, great support, they find things wrong before I do.
    Tom C.
    [URL=http://www.cafepress.com/simplesignshop]Simple Sign Shop[/URL]

Every day leave someone or something better than you found it.

I'm currently with ServInt. Very good service and reliability. I'm on a VPS (new DirectAdmin version) for $49/mo.

Brad

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Rackspace

Not only do they satisfy those who like to call tech at 3AM, they're great with those of us who want things to just keep on running without needing to call them much. It's rare that I actually have to pick up the phone to them since everything's usually running smoothly. But when I have had to call, things get fixed ASAP with no screaming required.

Reseller accounts/shared hosting may *sound* cheaper, and at first they are--but once a lot of domains are involved the account fees add up and nondedicated's really not cheap anymore. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There lowest is $400 a mont LOL... damn thats a lot of money ... do you have that?

Rackspace here..and dang, I only wish I was paying $400 a month in hosting!

"... do you have that?"

There are affiliates that need a very professional package, with bandwidth and storage.

Imagine if an affiliate is paying $400./mo. what kind of revenue they have to bring in to pay for that?

Lastly, Lasthope you misunderstood my previous post. I told you this type of thread 'What host should I use' is common. I didn't say you should look through a bunch general posts though. I am sorry you're too lazy to do a search for hosts? After two weeks have you even picked a new host yet?

Fred

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LastHope:
    buy_online..

time is money dude.. quicker to post a thread and have people answer.. than wade through endless general posts searching for the specific answer <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    So we should take the time to answer questions repeatedly because *YOUR* time is more valuable then ours????

Guess what, no more answers for you from me EVER. Do your own work. Use the search button and start doing research....

I for one am very tired of you constantly posting questions that you could easily do a search on the boards and research answers on your own.

LastHope, you are hopeless!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread