Exclamation Exclusive Coupons showing up on Feed
    Greetings,

I've just notice a ton of exclusive coupon offers from "other" coupon sites are showing up on the coupon feed service provided by LS.

Please be advised!
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Georgie,

We are aware of this issue and hope to resolve it as soon as possible.

--Ranae

I've seen similar things through LinkShare's private offers. Merchants will accidentally make a private offer (usually to a loyalty site with a toolbar!!!) public. It's insulting to see the commission rates that they pay to parasites, sometimes 2-3 times the base commission rate.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hey all,

The issue should now be fixed. The issue was only relevant in the "feed.linksynergy.com/coupon?..." format. We actually have a brand new server and new format to support the increased demand of our Coupon Web Service. The new request is in "couponfeed.linksynergy.com" format.

You should begin transitioning to the new format soon because we will be retiring the old format in a few months! We also added a new feature which gives you the ability to choose how many results you want to see on a given page.

Be sure to click on the link and read our updated guidelines: Coupon Web Service

--Ranae
    Last edited by LinkShare Moderator; February 18th, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Greetings,

I've just tested out the new format at "couponfeed.linksynergy.com" and was wondering if you can suggest the option to have all the offers show up instead of them capping off and needing to switch "pages".

Also quickly looking over the coupon offers for various merchants (1800 Flowers) doesnt appear on the new format, but shows up on the old verison.

And the old format still has the same problem with other(s) coupon exclusives showing up.

Is there a time delay for the xml on the server to update itself?

Thanks
    Last edited by Georgie Peri; February 18th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

I believe there is a little time delay as our servers synch up. I believe it should be working now.

I used your token and I was able to see 800-Flowers using both formats. The pagination is in place because we have so many coupons! We didn't have it initially when we first created our Coupon Web Service because we didn't have as many coupons so now we need to include this in order for our system to properly handle all types of requests.

If you add on the "&mid=773", you will see both formats give you the exact same results.

--Ranae

Smile
    Greetings again,

Ok so then 1800 Flowers is missing offers now from the feed.

From the newsletter sent on 2/17

Save $10 on purchases of $59.99 and up at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM. Send smiles and get a great deal at the same time! Use Promotion Code TENDOLLARS at checkout. (Expires March 15th, 2011) Get Code

Celebrate Winter Birthdays! Save 15% on Flowers & Gifts at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM. Use Promotion Code HAPPYBDAY15 at checkout. (Expires March 15th, 2011) Get Code

Choose from the most popular flower arrangements at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM. Send one of these beautiful bouquets and make any celebration a spectacular event! Save 15% Off with Promo Code: DEAL15. Get Code

Surprise someone with fresh flowers starting at $29.99 and send a smile JUST BECAUSE from 1-800-FLOWERS.COM! (Same-Day Delivery Available) (Expires March 15th, 2011) Get Code

Birthday Gift Center! Shop this collection at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Get Code

Special Sale Flowers and Gifts! Shop now at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM Get Code

A funeral or memorial service offers a chance to celebrate a beautiful life. Find appropriate gifts to express your sympathy directly to the family at this difficult time.
    Can you check this one merchant offers out? If I come across anymore I will let you know next week!

Thanks for your help on this feed issue!

George
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread