Affiliate Manager Question
    I'm interested in bouncing to the Affiliate Manager side. I have 2 questions:

Do you have to be physically located at the company's site?

What is the best way to start gaining experience and work?
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Magenta"]Marie Sanders[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [URL="http://mariesandersonline.com"]htttp://www.mariesandersonline.com[/URL]

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Marie,
    I am fairly new to affiliate managing as well, so I have really tried to absorb anything I can to learn the business. I attended the seminars at Affiliate Summit, which was helpful, but I think that it is really important to simply understand the market of that company and where they fit in-is it b2b or b2c?

You don't need to be physically located at the company, but If your not, I would find a point person there that can give you updates on new developments and offers.

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    I presume at this time you are an affiliate?
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

its not easy Dude.
    i started my carrier as an independent affiliate manager in my small site in 2009. and still i ma struggling to get the desired position. my wife is playing a vital role in helping me, sporting me and sharing her knowledge with me. so i think don't get worried and Yes you have to be present in your Site at least during the working Hrs. it will popular you an active manager

Quote Originally Posted by sunshiner View Post
    I presume at this time you are an affiliate?
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by bestwebman06 View Post
    its not easy Dude.
    i started my carrier as an independent affiliate manager in my small site in 2009. and still i ma struggling to get the desired position. my wife is playing a vital role in helping me, sporting me and sharing her knowledge with me. so i think don't get worried and Yes you have to be present in your Site at least during the working Hrs. it will popular you an active manager
    Thanks.

Depending on the company you want to work for, you don't necessarily need to be located at the company headquarters... but some will require it, especially (IMHO) for someone without a lot of experience on the merchant side of the business.

That's good to know. I'm doing some heavy networking and bumping up my affiliate efforts. Maybe someone will realize, I'm focused more on the experience rather than pay. I guess I'm going to have place it on the back burner for now.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoScout View Post
    That's good to know. I'm doing some heavy networking and bumping up my affiliate efforts. Maybe someone will realize, I'm focused more on the experience rather than pay. I guess I'm going to have place it on the back burner for now.
    Andy Rodriquez Sr (Miami) used to have manager training sessions in Florida in the past. He's here in ABW.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Do you have to be physically located at the company's site?

What is the best way to start gaining experience and work?
    You may have to work for the merchant to get your first experience. It depends on the merchant and whether they would allow you to work from home. As an OPM I work from my office and not on site with the merchant. Several of the merchants I represent have never physically met me.

As I mentioned you can look for merchants close to you but it is difficult to find them as an affiliate. For my first full time AM job I had to drive 90 minutes to their location and work in a windowless office in the back of the warehouse. After 90 days the program was not growing at the expected rate so I took a 10 hr job with them that let me work from home. In 120 days I had tripled the program and use that experience to get me 2nd Am job. The 2nd merchant has turned me down 2 years before due to lack of direct experience. I gained that job through networking here. My third AM job was as am AM but turned into an OPM position that I created. I was turned down by the agency that this agency spun off from two years prior. I now run my own agency as an OPM after making millions for the last agency I helped build.

I firmly believe in working with mentors and have done so most of my professional life.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread