ABW Ambassador
    Spam Free at Last but for How Long?
    I have spent most of the day sifting through the mountains of spam and junk mail from affiliate managers and other 3rd parties to hopefully get a clean inbox at last by writing and requesting these clowns to stop spamming me and using unsubscribe links WHEN provided. I have had to unsubscribe from all the networks merchant emails as it was becoming too much with so much junk coming in daily but a number of these affilate managers think they can do whatever they like even if we don't want their spam.

Now I will have to contact each important merchant or ones that I really want their email to work out a way to get email from them. Nearly every network has issues with email including Linkshare who have this stupid link on the bottom of each merchants email to unsubscribe that goes to your login page. At least they do let you unsubscribe from each merchant once you find the page. You can see I have threads in most networks boards here pointing out their issues with their newsletters and unsubscribing.

Gan have been a problem in the past with the affiliate managers still spamming me even after I opted out, I think I have finally got rid of the last of them.

Avantlink and CJ only offer network wide opt out. CJ have a stupid email system that you get some sent to your CJ inhouse email while others will come to your own email. But of course there are those individuals that consider once you have signed up with their program that your inbox is an open spam target even if you have unsubscribed from the CJ emails. What's worse is when they don't provide an unsubscribe link, all those got one of my most abusive emails and hopefully that would have woken them up to their intrusive practices.

I'm hoping my inbox will be a lot cleaner now and I will only get emails from who I select to get them from.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I'm totally jealous. I just looked and I have exactly 14,418 unread messages in my unread message folder. I detest email.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I check and delete all the spam messages I get every day.

I then block their email address with my computer security.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    I'm totally jealous. I just looked and I have exactly 14,418 unread messages in my unread message folder. I detest email.
    hahaha, wow that really highlights how bad this problem can get ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    I check and delete all the spam messages I get every day.

I then block their email address with my computer security.
    I use Thunderbird for my email and I can use filters to send emails to certain folders like the trash bin but it's time consuming to set it up for each individual email address so that is why i have attacked it from the network end.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread