I was close behind. So, NYAHHHHH!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

We had early voting in our area so I hit it yesterday before it gets crazy..

I'll be heading over to cast my2cents in a few minutes...

having worked the polls for many years I know the best time to vote is betweeen 9am and noon... (i didnt get asked this year)
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

LOL!! This is in midnight cafee. So much for waking up early!

Well, it is political but, it sort of fits. Everyone should vote.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Just Lurking
    Couple observations:

I headed out just after 9am to vote. What normally is a 15 minute process took 45 minutes. This is the first time I've seen a line at my precinct. The line was just as long when I left.

One woman was having touble with not being able to vote because of absentee ballot.

There were new computer ballot machines at my precinct. I wonder what happen to the computer ballot machines used just two years ago?

Having watch the demo of the computer ballot twice while waiting, I have doubts the poll workers, or at least the one giving the demo, understand the new technology.

Moveon.org was the only group outside my precinct.
    Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I've already heard one report of a flash card in an electronic voting machine fail in Florida, losing about 15,000 votes in the process (no paper trail).

I went to vote at 9 am there was already a 50% turnout in my precint... normaly 50% voter turnout for a genreal election

I checked a couple other ones.. they are the same...

FYI... I live in a state that in polling showed Pres. Bush winning my state with 70% of the vote... the town I live in is 70% dem.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

LOL I voted around 8:45 Am this morning, 45 minutes ago. Voting place was nearly Empty except one other voter.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I voted at noon, took less than 5 minutes, only one else in line was my lovely lamby wife.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    We will go tonight and I don't expect it to be too busy. This is a rural area.

I know that township east of us had to call the print shop and order up some more ballots because they feared they would run out by this afternoon, so they must be getting hit hard.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    I went last Tuesday around 2:00. I figured it would be empty but I had to wait in line. There were about 30 people there then and more waiting when I finished.

We voted on the computers. They were pretty neat. The only thing is I can see how someone up to no good could cheat. The people punch in their information but if the key cards are already preprogrammed no one would know.

I voted already There was no line but I am in a rural area also. 249 people had already voted though!!

I am lucky enough to be in Hawaii so I won't have to stay up late to watch all the shenanigans in the evening. IIRC, 4 years ago, CNN called Florida for Gore (the first time) by 7 my time.

This was PSanf's first chance to vote in a Presidential election. He was so excited that he was up and getting ready to go at 4:00 AM! Young people wil make an impact this time.

Before you guys go beating up on florida again, that flash card did break down, but it was only a scanning chip that they replaced and recounted those already. The 13,000 votes that it didn't scan properly are already in the totals that you see out there.

And according to our local news (it was in Daytona Beach) Republican and Democratic lawyers supervised the recounting and had no complaints either way.
    Chris Mayr
    When amassed, even dust can become a mountain.

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

cmayr23,

I think Florida will be off the hook this election year. Looks like it will go to Bush outright anyways. Ohio is the one who matters tonight I believe.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Action Jackson - King of the World
    yeah obviously a lot of idiots. Looks to me mainly the rich and old people idiots were the problem.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread