Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    Repeat Transtactions & Shipping included in sales ammount
    Hello Everybody,

I have just found out that I am paying comission on shipping and for some reason I have gotten 2 repeat transactions in past 30 days.

Anyone can let me know what I can do about this?

Outsourced Program Manager
    sometimes that happens, No big deal

just go into your backend and delete one of the transactions. I get about 2-3/month duplicates.
    Sometimes the customer back click's and then reclick's the submit.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO View Post
    sometimes that happens, No big deal

just go into your backend and delete one of the transactions. I get about 2-3/month duplicates.
    Sometimes the customer back click's and then reclick's the submit.
    Thanks, I have done that. Something also happened where I am getting shipping transaction included in the "ORDER_AMOUNT" But, have my tech looking into it already.

Whatever you report in your tracking pixel is what ShareASale is going to pick up. You probably want to grab the order subtotal (minus coupons/discounts, if you offer any) before shipping and taxes.

I'm sure your OPM will probably give you this same advice, but for the overpaid commissions due to the higher order totals, I would suggest leaving commissions reported to date the same and just fixing this going forward.

As for the duplicate transactions, that may be people going back and looking at their order confirmation page again later. I would suggest having SAS review your tracking pixel and their duplicate-skipping logic. If you're passing the order number, they should exclude anything that has the same order number and amount within a given timeframe.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Whatever you report in your tracking pixel is what ShareASale is going to pick up. You probably want to grab the order subtotal (minus coupons/discounts, if you offer any) before shipping and taxes.

I'm sure your OPM will probably give you this same advice, but for the overpaid commissions due to the higher order totals, I would suggest leaving commissions reported to date the same and just fixing this going forward.

As for the duplicate transactions, that may be people going back and looking at their order confirmation page again later. I would suggest having SAS review your tracking pixel and their duplicate-skipping logic. If you're passing the order number, they should exclude anything that has the same order number and amount within a given timeframe.
    Hello Michael,

Yes Greg advised me the same.

I found out that it was tracking fine but something happened and it started to show the total with shipping.

I agree with you on the commission, definetly not something I will go into and start reversing. This is my own fault for not checking.

Thanks for your advise.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread