Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    Smile Grow a Healthy Program - Respect Affliates
    Hello Everyone ,

How are you today? Hope you are doing well.

I wanted to to explain why I think good affiliates are the most important part of of a good affiliate program and why they should be threated with respect, understanding and never cheated.

1.They Get Paid by Performace Only (Only get paid if they send traffic that converts into sales)

I have a huge respect for someone who goes to work, spents hours researching, reading, writing an coding to be able to send some good traffic and make money for them selves and someone else.

I believe if there is someone like this interested in your(merchant or affliate manager) program you should give them what they need even if it costs you some money and time.
    Remember, you want the most of your affiliate program, so you need to give the most to your affiliate to be able give you the most. The affiliate can only do so much and you are playing and important role too...

2. Sending traffic that we would never get.
    Most affiliates have already websites up and running where they can include your links but they have to have reason for that. So if you are not wanting to cooperate on simple things as creating banners or getting a good feed, why should they bother with you. Merchants must be open minded to ideas from good affliates, chances are they know 10X as much you how to get you some traffic that converts.

3. Taking risk being tricked and not get paid - This is a big one, can you imagine working for months on something just to find out that somone is taking your hard earned money? (Don't cheat, trust is something you can not buy)

Make sure you have no links on your site going to your other site where you sell same products and let the hard working affiliate with no commission. Make sure there is a phone tracking in place and post all manual transactions. Do not overwrite the cookies. Just make sure everyone is getting what they deserve.

Affiliates and Merchants need to work together their goal is the same.

So be open and honest and your program will have a healty growth.

2. Thanks From:
    kse

Excellent post, Milan. I hope merchants find this thread for many years to come.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

How to run a successful program, from a Merchant who knows how to treat affiliates. Good tips Milan! I wish all programs were as sensibly run as yours is.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    How to run a successful program, from a Merchant who knows how to treat affiliates. Good tips Milan! I wish all programs were as sensibly run as yours is.
    2busy, I am so flattered with your comment. It makes me very happy to know that I am going the right direction.

Thanks so much

Btw, it is all about doing the right thing.

Don't treat anyone in a way that you would not want them to treat you...

Btw, it is all about doing the right thing.

Don't treat anyone in a way that you would not want them to treat you...
    Most things in life go better when you keep that in mind

Most things in life go better when you keep that in mind
    Yes it is true. I have learned that I can not be happy unless I make others happy.

I watched these recently and thought they were very interesting.

Videos
    Last edited by Decorative Ceiling Tiles; February 22nd, 2011 at 12:36 PM.

Milan - you are doing everything right, my friend. Other merchants, take note - your article-writing bonuses were enough incentive for me to buy a domain and create a site around your products. I typically build sites geared towards one specific merchant, and, to be honest, even without any sales I made more from you for writing articles than I make from most merchants I work with. Today I drove a good sale for you - may it be the first of many. I have many websites, and, when I'm considering which ones to update, my ceiling tiles site is now near the top of the list.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks so much for this wonderful post Milan! As a new affiliate manager I still have a ton to learn and this was really great advice! I need to keep this in mind every day while working with our affiliates.

~Eileen
    Eileen Walsh
    Affiliate Manager, Wayfair
    affiliates@wayfair.com

Had been missing for a while so didn't know who you were. Now I can understand why you were so popular in the "Best of 2010" thread. Definitely agree with 2busy, wish there were more like you.

Quote Originally Posted by VampireSkunk View Post
    Milan - you are doing everything right, my friend. Other merchants, take note - your article-writing bonuses were enough incentive for me to buy a domain and create a site around your products. I typically build sites geared towards one specific merchant, and, to be honest, even without any sales I made more from you for writing articles than I make from most merchants I work with. Today I drove a good sale for you - may it be the first of many. I have many websites, and, when I'm considering which ones to update, my ceiling tiles site is now near the top of the list.
    Hey VampireSkunk,

Thank you for the kind words my friend. I am glad you like the article idea and I hope you will make yourself some money on top of the bonuses you deserve it.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen W. View Post
    Thanks so much for this wonderful post Milan! As a new affiliate manager I still have a ton to learn and this was really great advice! I need to keep this in mind every day while working with our affiliates.

~Eileen
    Eileen,

I am new too. Just listen to the affiliate voice, there are some great ones right on this post, so I suggest you listen to them as they tell you all you need to know.

Good luck with your program and if there is anything I can do let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Had been missing for a while so didn't know who you were. Now I can understand why you were so popular in the "Best of 2010" thread. Definitely agree with 2busy, wish there were more like you.
    Hey PB,

I still find hard to understand why I got that award. I am just being me and actually here for some reason is way more popular than in my previous jobs. (trim carpentry, janitor)

Thank you for that compliment.

My aproach is simple: "Be the change you want to see in the world" -Ghandi

See you arround PB

Outsourced Program Manager
    Great points and i might add one

#4;
    What i tell affiliates that are not active.

Affiliate programs are a partnership. The merchant provides the items to sell, takes care of the sale and billing and gives the affiliate all the neccessary tools to do so.

The affiliate needs to place a link on their site and promote the merchant.
    without one or the other their is no parternership.

To many affiliates feel all they need do is place a link up to earn commissions but its only the affiliate that goes the extra mile that earns the sales.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO View Post
    Great points and i might add one

#4;
    What i tell affiliates that are not active.

Affiliate programs are a partnership. The merchant provides the items to sell, takes care of the sale and billing and gives the affiliate all the neccessary tools to do so.

The affiliate needs to place a link on their site and promote the merchant.
    without one or the other their is no parternership.

To many affiliates feel all they need do is place a link up to earn commissions but its only the affiliate that goes the extra mile that earns the sales.
    It is a partnership indeed. IMHO, placing a link on a very targeted site may work but definitely not as good as creating a site and getting the traffic that actually searches for the product or ideas.

Affiliate Manager RobinD4Hypnosis's Avatar
    Thanks for the great post Milan. I am a Affiliate Manager and I appreciate all that our Affiliates do for us. If someone signs up to promote my product, it is my priority to provide them good copy, banners, etc. to help both of us be more successful. It is a Win-Win for both parties involved.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinD4Hypnosis View Post
    Thanks for the great post Milan. I am a Affiliate Manager and I appreciate all that our Affiliates do for us. If someone signs up to promote my product, it is my priority to provide them good copy, banners, etc. to help both of us be more successful. It is a Win-Win for both parties involved.

I am glad you like the post. Thanks for the comment.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread