where to buy traffic from?
    hello
    i'm a new affiliate, i want to buy targeted traffic and manage my own campaign between different publishers.
    where/ how do i do this please? is there a self serve platform for this?
    thanks!

There are many places that offer to sell you "targeted traffic", most of that traffic does not convert well. If there was a place to buy targeted traffic that converts, we would all use that and take the easy road to get rich. It does not exist.

If you want traffic that is more likely to convert you can look at services like AdWords but be prepared to do a lot of research and learning or lose money fast.

The other alternative is to build a site that has value and let the search engines send you free traffic that converts. It is hard work and takes time but is quite successful in the long run.

The right answer for you is easy: Do you have more time than money?

Try searching for "pop-under" or "10,000 visitors" here, to find several threads in which everyone uniformly agrees that paying for "raw" traffic like this is a complete waste of money. Most "guaranteed traffic" services use "pop-unders" which may also cause your domain to become flagged under some anti-adware/security software programs. (Search for "negative branding" to see some discussions of the potential impact.)

I agree with the suggestion that what you need is "targetted" traffic, but don't be misled by claims from some "guaranteed traffic" companies that they can deliver "targetted" traffic -- they are still presenting your web site to people who didn't ask for it, and who will be annoyed at the use of a pop-under, pop-up, or other invasive technique to promote your site.
    Does Guaranteed Traffic Really Work? - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    Last edited by markwelch; February 23rd, 2011 at 09:15 AM.

thank you!
    but what about cpmatic or adest that lets you manage your own campaign- no earnings there?

Are you asking about paying for advertising across an advertising network? That's a different concept than "buying traffic." You should search for the term "advertising network" on ABW; if you can't find what you're looking for after several searches, you might consider starting a separate discussion thread asking for feedback on advertising networks and brokers.

I'm not familiar with either of the companies you mention, but you should always be wary, because there are thousands of companies claiming to broker online advertising, and most are not effective. You should also be wary of any company making absurd claims. For example, the cpamatic web site claims "CPMatic is the first optimized inventory and data buying service available for advertisers of any size," but that's a ridiculous claim; there have been hundreds of companies doing this over the past 15 years.

Properly designing and managing an online advertising campaign is a complex project, and there are many (many) ways to lose money. You must be very clear about your goals and how you'll evaluate the performance of any advertising campaign (ideally, your primary measure should be ROI based on sales, not an "intermediate" metric).
    Last edited by markwelch; February 23rd, 2011 at 09:30 AM.

thank you again, and yes- i was thinking to manage my own campaign while recognizing the dangers.. i will search the subject and write here again to update.
    best of luck, get rich quickly

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread