googleville.com
    If anyone is interested I received an email that this domain is for sale for around $600.00.
    I think that this name has some good potential for the right person. I will forward the contact if anyone is interested.

Sounds more like a C&D letter to me.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Sounds more like a C&D letter to me.
    Yes, exactly.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    C&D for sure.

Now, if ya wanna get the "ville" for the infinitely large number (from which Google derived its moniker), the term googolville.com is available for registration - at reg fee. If used in an appropriate manner, you might get away with using it for a site (related, of course, to enormously large numbers).

p.s. - after this post I do expect to see the domain registered very soon. (I know a couple years back I would have regged it - just based on the "idea.")
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

its cool. but i don't get any site by searching this URL. is it not yet installed? just for curiosity i was wondering to visit the site
    cause it can be a very popular domain name how can someone sell it just at the rate of 600$????

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Now, if ya wanna get the "ville" for the infinitely large number (from which Google derived its moniker), the term googolville.com is available for registration - at reg fee. If used in an appropriate manner, you might get away with using it for a site (related, of course, to enormously large numbers).

p.s. - after this post I do expect to see the domain registered very soon. (I know a couple years back I would have regged it - just based on the "idea.")
    Actually, that would be GOOGOL - I think one could use this term in a domain (probably) with no legal problems. See Googol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    that is such a C & D and a lawsuit waiting to happen - I'd avoid it and the mis-spells.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Here is the email I received and it seems legit.
    Hi Gerry,
    Yes, I actually acquired it with the intention of reselling. Just haven't listed it yet, so you're in luck.

"I was planning to stand up a Wordpress site and get around $1000 for it at auction, but I'll take $699 for it and not have to deal with the auction
    process. The Alexa rank is 27,691,000. The domain is 7 years old, has prior positive history and will absolutely do well with search engines if you
    follow basic SEO practices. "

If you want it, I can accept payment through paypal or cashier's check.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I'm sure the offer to sell is legit - but the buyer would have to be totally clueless as to TM infringement and domain squatting.

The fact that the registrant is offering to sell is enough to establish 'bad faith'.
    Yes, I actually acquired it with the intention of reselling. Just haven't listed it yet, so you're in luck.
    Now it's online for the world to see and FOREVER.

Wouldn't take the Google much effort to take over the name.

Here's some information on ICANN's UDRP (Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy)...
    Last edited by Convergence; February 25th, 2011 at 01:40 PM.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

If there is a problem then why are there so many extentions for sale?
    http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...oogleville.net

All those extensions are available because no one wants to spend money on a domain name that would probably be shut down for trademark infringement..

Buy at your own risk...

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    All those extensions are available because no one wants to spend money on a domain name that would probably be shut down for trademark infringement..

Buy at your own risk...
    I concur.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread