ABW Ambassador
    I need to put two short, 30 second videos (commercials) on a client's website. The local TV production people can give it to me in into the following file formats: .avi, .mov (QuickTime), and .mpg (mpeg2). They say they might be able to output into other formats.

Not sure which is preferable. Is .mpg more widely used?

Wayne

.avi is easier to use but I would convert it to either Windows Media Center format or Real Networks. These two programs are loaded on just about everyones computer. . avi will work fine but you will have to wait for it to download.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, Luke.

The site is on a Windows server so I just emailed the host. From their documentation, I need to have it in a .wav format and open a Windows Media Stream account.

Since this video is more to give the business owner some giggles than to serve any real purpose, I'm trying to not spend too much time or money on it. I had hoped I could just plop it in the site's root directory & link to it.

Wayne

Wayne,

If they can give it to you in .avi format, you can import it into Windows Movie Maker (comes with XP) and save it as a Windows Media Video file (.wmv) which can be played on Windows Media Player... Quicktime would be good for Mac users, but then you'll have to decide whether you want to go to the trouble of having it available in two different formats to satisfy a fairly small market.

PM me if you need more info.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread