Merchant Applications
    I have applied to a number of merchants in GAN that directly and indirectly are associated with my verticle. Many have accepted, many are still pending including the one that I want to represent most of all. There are a few that have declined. I suspect that is due to the fact that I have brand new site of a couple of weeks and that there is no traffic.

My questions: Is it better to apply through the merchants website when available or to go straight through the network? How long can some merchants take in the pending column? What can a newbie do to enhance his chances of being accepted? If I am sitting in the pending column for a couple of weeks on a merchant that I really want, would it be a good idea to find out who that merchant's affiliate manager is and contact him/her directly and plead my case?

Thanks
    Last edited by quantum115; February 28th, 2011 at 10:45 AM.

For merchants that you are really interested in, it may be a good idea to contact the affiliate manager directly and explain what your promotional plans are.

However, in my opinion, if you are sitting in the pending column for a couple of weeks, that AM is either too busy, too unprofessional or too uninterested to respond. Any of those would make a program less appealing for me. I'd look for alternatives.

Good luck.

-rematt
    Last edited by rematt; February 28th, 2011 at 10:52 AM.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Pending Pergatory
    Thanks for the advice. Makes sense.

>> Is it better to apply through the merchants website when available or to go straight through the network?

It is the same i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan View Post
    >> Is it better to apply through the merchants website when available or to go straight through the network?

It is the same i believe.
    I agree to this. But things will go unpredictable if the merchant refuses pay back your earnings. The network users are guaranteed for their earnings and the risk is minimized.

Sometimes using the affiliate links generated from the merchant is recommended because they track leads and clicks for pre-launches and other promotions they run, which the affiliate network is unable to track. Some merchants also recookie your customers if you use their links. If you use the affiliate links from the network, you still get full credit for any sales, but the merchant can't recookie your customers.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

i believe the statement is not about indy or network.

Great feedback
    Thanks all for the feedback. It has given me something to think about. My take away is that it depends on my researching the merchant and taking into account the factors brought up here.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread