Contacting Affiliate Managers
    Ok. A newbie with a new site applies and is accepted to a bunch of programs. Is it a good idea to find who the program managers are and call or email them? Or should I wait for them to contact me? How does the building of a publisher/merchant relationship typically develop? (I know that last one could take awhile, but thought I would ask anyway.) Looking to see if there is a protocol here so I don't piss anybody off.

Thanks

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I'd reach out and contact the managers and see which ones take the time to reply, then you'll have a general idea of which managers you can expect to get help from down the line and which programs that may well be better to focus on.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

contacting AMs
    Chris:

Thanks for the help. I was leaning that way as matter of business experience over the years, but didn't know if it held for this industry as well.

Lou

p.s. Your in Bangkok. Is affiliate marketing strong in Thailand? I can understand drop-ship.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    as a newbie, I'd strongly recommend that you contact prospective affiliate managers. It might be the difference between your application being approved or denied if you give them an advance contact, introduce yourself and let them know what you have in mind in terms of promotional strategy. They may even give you some tips or ask some questions that help you dial in your approach.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    ditto on both

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    And be sure when you are applying for programs to include as much information as possible and all of your sites if you have more than one.
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum115 View Post
    Chris:

Thanks for the help. I was leaning that way as matter of business experience over the years, but didn't know if it held for this industry as well.

Lou

p.s. Your in Bangkok. Is affiliate marketing strong in Thailand? I can understand drop-ship.
    Hi Lou

A lot of affiliates in Asia as a whole, consider that while $1000 a month might be some nice pocket money for a US affiliate, it can be double salary or more in Asia, plus a lot of travel related firms are based in Asia and Affiliates with no ties to their home lands travel a lot and find Asia an effective place to live based on the money they make and the expenses they have.

I imagine a few may be doing drop shipping, but it's not something I focus on

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by Chris - AMWSO; March 1st, 2011 at 11:59 AM.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum115 View Post
    Ok. A newbie with a new site applies and is accepted to a bunch of programs. Is it a good idea to find who the program managers are and call or email them? Or should I wait for them to contact me? How does the building of a publisher/merchant relationship typically develop? (I know that last one could take awhile, but thought I would ask anyway.) Looking to see if there is a protocol here so I don't piss anybody off. Thanks
    > Is it a good idea to find who the program managers are and call or email them?

Yes, you should always email your program manager, ( emailing is always the preferred and fastest method to get a response from your manager ). Then ask him or her these questions like; What are the Terms Of Service (TOS ) for this program? Can I do trademark/trade name bidding? How soon can I get a commission increase? I think most affiliate managers would appreciate all those questions and more. And would also keep you on their radar for quick follow up emails to you like commission increases, bonuses and suggestions.

This would be me. If you join any of our programs I want hear from you at any time with any proactive questions.

if you are about to start your carrier in this field then i highly recommend to contact with them and start your business. As most of them are very much busy so i think its kind a weird.so knock them.

Affiliate Manager RobinD4Hypnosis's Avatar
    Great question. I am a Affiliate for a company with over 60 products. We are listed on Clickbank and have our own in-house program so it is impossible for me to keep up with each Affiliate that signs up. However, when they contact me I not only answer their questions but tell them of any upcoming promotions or changes to our program. It is a great way for us both to meet.

One mistake a lot of affiliates make is only contactinng the affiliate manager when they need something. I find that by building a relationship with them, they are really great people to get to know. they can help you alot with your campaigns, and even give you a lot of help if you are nice to them.

I often will send an email to the affiliate managers when I sign up for a new program, showing them a link to my site where I am already talking about their program, and see who responds.

One mistake a lot of people make is first contact, asking for review copies of a product. I find that If I contact them 2-3 times giving, and introducing myself, I get a much better response when I do ask for some thing.

I also find out about stuff long before others do. I have gotten review copies of new products before they even announce the upcoming launches to their JV partners, simply because I took time to get to know the affiliate managers.

I'm a merchant & I don't hesitate to contact any Affiliate its twoway process,mostly Affiliates contacts me.
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread