Was trying to do some cleaning on my PC this morning and got an error message when trying to update the resource file fot my Ad-Aware 6. After some checking, this is what I found out:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We have been advised that Lavasoft R&D is working on one of the last Reference File Updates for Ad-Aware 6. The plan is that support for Ad-Aware 6 is to be phased out the first week of November.
    If you have not upgraded to Ad-Aware SE, please do so as soon as possible. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index...0&#entry346273
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ABW Ambassador
    I guess they're just switching over to
    Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.05
    http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html

Still free.
    With the release of Ad-Aware SE Personal edition, Lavasoft takes the fight against Spyware to the next level.

With Lavasoft’s all new Code Sequence Identification (CSI) technology, you will not only be protected from know content, but will also have advanced protection against many of their unknown variants. To further protect you, Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition also has the capability to scan and list Alternate Data Streams (ADS) in NTFS enabled volumes. In combination with the new scanning engine, Ad-Aware SE will scan your computer faster and more thoroughly than ever before!

ABW Ambassador
    Found softomate toolbar, adware. Never seen pop ups or have no idea how i got it. But it's gone now

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread