Is it really time wasting??
    As a merchant, I contact many affiliates to promote my different priced products and services. Several times I had to put loads of efforts at my best to convince them for the promotion. They say itís a waste of time as it doesnít generate enough profits. I want to know why this happens after all. I would like to see does anyone else faced such issue yet?
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

Yours is a pretty specialized product (logos) with a low price point ($45). Even at a 30% commission, that's $13.50 per order and I have a hard time thinking of any sites that would generate enough targeted traffic to generate many logo orders.

Affiliates like to focus on things where they can maximize their results.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Get people to join, then get them active.
    Read through ABW and blogs as to ways to get affiliates excited about your product...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    B2B has always been a tough sell. If you go after hosting affiliates they make $100 to $350 a sale. Bloggers are generally not affiliates and make their money on AdSense. You are targeting SMB customers and I can tell you from experience its tough to find affiliates. I targeted business information and advice sites but all they wanted was for my merchant to pay for advertising. Take a site like Small Business Marketing Consultants, Strategies and Ideas :: John Janstch is highly read but not really interested in being an affiliate.

Who are your competitors, do any have a SAS affiliate program? Find their affiliates and see if you can pitch them. Affiliates cluster around programs in networks. And its a combination of EPC, commissions and conversion. Give them the facts and if you don't compare they will either tell you or pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    B2B has always been a tough sell. If you go after hosting affiliates they make $100 to $350 a sale. Bloggers are generally not affiliates and make their money on AdSense. You are targeting SMB customers and I can tell you from experience its tough to find affiliates. I targeted business information and advice sites but all they wanted was for my merchant to pay for advertising. Take a site like Small Business Marketing Consultants, Strategies and Ideas :: John Janstch is highly read but not really interested in being an affiliate.

Who are your competitors, do any have a SAS affiliate program? Find their affiliates and see if you can pitch them. Affiliates cluster around programs in networks. And its a combination of EPC, commissions and conversion. Give them the facts and if you don't compare they will either tell you or pass.
    Thanks Hamrick.
    But its quite difficult to find competitors' Affiliates.please give me some tips on it.
    Last edited by maria jarel; March 3rd, 2011 at 02:27 AM.
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by maria jarel View Post
    But its quite difficult to find competitors' Affiliates.please give me some tips on it.
    Search for the keywords a potential buyer would use to find your site, remove the results that would lead to your site and what's left are mainly affiliates and your competitors.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by maria jarel View Post
    Several times I had to put loads of efforts at my best to convince them for the promotion.
    Are you talking about a sale or coupon or some type of limited time promotion? If so, then that could be part of it. The affiliates have a good idea of how much the promotion will help sales and if the deal is only good for a short time then it's not worth putting up the links and taking them down.

This may not be the case with your program, but when superCool gets short term promotions he usually doesn't bother putting them up unless they are VERY good.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Maria, have you tried writing a New Program Announcement on ABW. You have 30 days to use it and in that time you could put every bit of info about the program in writing.

Contact Shareasale about additional promotional opportunities. I get weekly emails from networks with affiliates who will give top promotions for an extra fee or bump in commission.

If your commission is too low look at the life time value of the customer and see if you can offer more. Have you done a sales contest to your existing affiliates?

I know its hard to contact affiliates and have conversations. See if your management will let you go to the many conferences this year. I am in Austin next week at PubCon and the goal is networking.

I'll make you a deal, email me a list of your top 5 competitors and I will see if I can find their affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Maria, have you tried writing a New Program Announcement on ABW. You have 30 days to use it and in that time you could put every bit of info about the program in writing.

Contact Shareasale about additional promotional opportunities. I get weekly emails from networks with affiliates who will give top promotions for an extra fee or bump in commission.

If your commission is too low look at the life time value of the customer and see if you can offer more. Have you done a sales contest to your existing affiliates?

I know its hard to contact affiliates and have conversations. See if your management will let you go to the many conferences this year. I am in Austin next week at PubCon and the goal is networking.

I'll make you a deal, email me a list of your top 5 competitors and I will see if I can find their affiliates.
    Thanks alot for such a guidance.
    I did post on a New Program Announcement.Thanks for letting me know about it.
    I will definitely contact SAS for additional opportunities.Right now my company is not offering any conferences tour, but in near future I have a plan to attend it.
    Hamrick, I sent you a mail with a list of my company's competitors, it's so nice of you. Thanks
    Last edited by maria jarel; March 4th, 2011 at 06:03 AM.
    [/COLOR]

I found an advertising email sent out by offervault about your company will instantly get you lots of affiliates.
    Linkedin is a great place to look for affiliates in targeted fileds.
    Then, you need a good team for good campaigns and technical support.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread