Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thumbs up What Happened to Downtime?
    Really like reading articles like this periodically that remind me how important it is, for creative clarity, to step away and unplug! Thought I would share with my ABW buddies..

What Happened to Downtime? The Extinction of Deep Thinking & Sacred Space

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    Really like reading articles like this periodically that remind me how important it is, for creative clarity, to step away and unplug! Thought I would share with my ABW buddies..

What Happened to Downtime? The Extinction of Deep Thinking & Sacred Space
    I was looking for a sign as to whether I should load my kayak tonight. This was it.

Nice, John! It inspired me to go up to our cabin and dig out our wee camp trailer (it was just about completely buried in tons of snow..my back is hating me today). It's just about the time of year to start heading down to southern Utah for some remote car camping.. to disconnect

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I regularly have revelations about work while in the shower or driving to the office. Now that I work for myself I need to find that kind of isolation on a daily basis. Thanks for the article Gary, it fits with some soul searching I was doing today. Good Karma!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Awesome post and awesome comments! Thanks guys. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    That is an interesting article that may make some people think about the things they do, or should do on a regular day...

Fortunately for me I don't have to deal with any of those unplugging issues mentioned on that article, because so far ABW is the only place where I still plugin... (for now) ...

But, since I read that entire article, here is my feedback about those:
    five potential mindsets and solutions for consideration
    No:1 - Doesn't apply to me...
    No:2 - I try to do that one, all day...
    No:3 - It's not that easy to do that one...
    No:4 - I may need to work on that one, more...
    No:5 - That's the one that I have been working on... (But, maybe for too long by now...)

Good post and appropriate link, Gary. Thanks.

As coincidence would have it, I didn't see your post yesterday "because" I was getting ready to leave for a spell of DOWNTIME with a buddy of mine. Actually it might be considered UPTIME 'cause we went flying in a new sport plane - each of us, separately, with an instructor - to eventually get checked out to rent this new(er) model.

I take R&R quite seriously. I work hard but I also take time to play hard. Flying a small airplane certainly takes ones mind off of marketing and email and cell phones. LOL

I am also going to get the Kayak (inflatable) out of the basement soon and take it to our beach place. It hasn't been wet in over two years - and that is a shame. But last week I found a couple of neat places from which to launch into some Delaware bays.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Awesome, Bill! Good to take play seriously. I know that sometimes I start to shut down creatively b/c I've been overly consumed and engaged with my geeky web existence. It's getting easier to recognize when I have to disappear for a while, and totally disengage. It's well worth it (for me, anyway) to take the time away..

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread