ABW Ambassador
    Hi: Someone please help ME!!! I know there is an expert on this board somewhere. I have internet explorer 6 and XP Home. For some reason, it won't let me get into CJ.com or any of it's affiliate links. It gives me the white internet explorer page. I know it's this computer because it works on my laptop.

I have tried everything - I restored computer to a previous date. I ran Spy Doctor and cleaned out Spyware. I downloaded all updates for XP and Internet 6. What the heck else can I do to fix this. I can't believe this is happening. I've never seen any such thing.

If someone could please help me I would be so grateful.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JadaKiss:
    Hi: Someone please help ME!!! I know there is an expert on this board somewhere. I have internet explorer 6 and XP Home. For some reason, it won't let me get into CJ.com or any of it's affiliate links. It gives me the white internet explorer page. I know it's this computer because it works on my laptop.

I have tried everything - I restored computer to a previous date. I ran Spy Doctor and cleaned out Spyware. I downloaded all updates for XP and Internet 6. What the heck else can I do to fix this. I can't believe this is happening. I've never seen any such thing.

If someone could please help me I would be so grateful. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Check your .HOST file to see if it's blocking cj.com KazzaLite and some anti-spyware/adware programs generate a blocked .Hosts file. CJ is still considered a spyware domain. Just erase your .HOST file and let XP regenerate one.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yep, what Mike said, sounds like a Hosts file block...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Hi: Thanks for your replies. I do have Kazaalite on my computer. So how to I fix the problem. I don't know anything about how to find a host file. I need actual instructions. In dummy format please - I'm no techy.

Download the instructions from your P2P buddies...

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Be nice for once, Mike. She has a problem. If you won't help, SHUT UP!!!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

use the search facility that is built in to your Windows software. just put the word hosts or hosts* in the search for files/folders slot and let it hunt.

Windows has no need of a hosts file. If you open the file you'll probably see a number of sites being blocked.

and then find the family member that put kazaa lite on the computer and draw and quarter him/her.

ABW Ambassador
    Locate an existing hosts file on your computer:
    For Windows 95/98/Me, look in c:\windows\hosts
    For Windows NT/2000/XP Pro c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
    For Windows XP Home c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Open the hosts file with a text editor such as notepad and then do a search for:
    qksrv - if an entry is found, delete that line from the file and save it. (There may be multiple instances - delete each one).
    commission-junction - if an entry is found, delete that line from the file and save it. (There may be multiple instances - delete each one)
    bfast - if an entry is found, delete that line from the file and save it.
    clickserve - if an entry is found, delete that line from the file and save it.
    linksynergy - if an entry is found, delete that line from the file and save it.

(save the file, not the line)

SSanf I did help her by diagnosing her problem from 10,000 possible options inside one minutes thought. She...nor anyone else.. will ever learn a thing from the experience if they don't take on the simple task to resolve the issue. That's also why 300 million idiots keep re-infecting their systems with adware/spyware, by downloading the same damn freebee crap that trashed their system in the first place.

Those hopelessly lost in a dense dark forest, looking down at a compass for North-South- East and West always find it points at themselves. ANYTHING free on the internet has it's gotcha ...even goodies like Ad-Aware and SpyBot S&D. [The moment that cleaned client hits update on those detect/removal tools I lose out on any sales commissions from them from my Mall links]

then someone else used your sign-on for a useless and sarcastic comment

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you - finally getting somewhere - so I searched for the word hosts - and a few files came up - some say lmhosts.sa - so do I just go and delete all those host files. I'm the one that put Kazaalite on the computer Should I take it off - I paid for the better version it was $20 but guess it's not much better because now we can't even download songs. 80% of them won't even play.

you are mostly concerned with one called "hosts."

double-clicking on it may open it in notepad. if not, your computer will ask you how and tell it notepad.

read the file for any instances of the domains Happypoon mentions in his post and delete those lines. Then save the file. You'll probably have to reboot but the problem should go away after.

Might be wise to uninstall kazaa lite, especially if it has the capability of re-installing itself or its files.

ABW Ambassador
    HAPPYPOON and HERB - You are my new bestfriendS!!!! Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!!!!!!!

It's finally fixed after 2 months of me not being able to get on. I can get on CJ and access affiliate links.

Thank you soooo much for being so kind in giving me Instructions for Dummies.

Mike - back in the day - I would have had a comment for you - but not today. Thanks for your help earlier and I'll just ignore your other comments.

ABW Ambassador
    >>Thanks for your help earlier and I'll just ignore your other comments.

That might have been Charlie, we can't tell who it is doing the typing.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread