What is EPC?
    Hello everybody, I recently joined cj.com and I was going through their advertisers list and I find these tabs "3 month EPC" and "7 day EPC". I have assumed EPC to stand for earnings per click but I know I might be wrong.
    Can someone tell me what these terms stand for and what they signify? And how do I choose the best advertisers on cj?

Close, it's Earnings Per (100) Clicks. Say merchant XYZ has a 7-day EPC of $8.70. Based on statistical data for that program (over a 7 day period), that for every 100 clicks that's been sent to merchant XYZ an average of $8.70 has been made in commissions. It's not saying you will earn $8.70 for every 100 clicks you send in 7 days, its just an overall estimation.

If that made any sense.
    Last edited by mobilebadboy; March 4th, 2011 at 10:50 AM.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Arrow
    hmmmmmm quite tricky I must say. For a time, I was even considering it as maybe earning per 100 clicks each affiliate receives but I get it now.

Smile Epc
    ...and many of the UK based affiliate networks simplify it by quoting the figures per click so an EPC of 0.34 means that's the average each click drives across the network. I'd take all these with a pinch of salt anyway as what you will see yourself will depend very much on your own traffic and how it converts - and the product mix you're featuring.

Cheers

Chris Tradgett
    Web Hosting Services from Easyspace (program on CJ)

+44 141 6413

As a follow-up to chris2806 - I started with US networks, where EPC generally means earnings per 100 clicks...

When I expanded to stores on UK networks, I thought my performance had tanked until I realized the metric was actually earnings PER click

hey, i've received some banner stats and i need to find out EPC but having a hard time, i have impressions, clicks, "reg" and "au", have any idea what to do?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Here's an explaination: EPC explained

We use the EPC per 100 clicks.

Commissions in Dollars
    Clicks

Example:
    $1000 in commissions made over 1250 clicks would result in an EPC of $80.

My top merchant has a 7 Day EPC in CJ of $118.88 based on an average order value (AOV) of $449.92.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks, Chuck. Your explanation is clear & concise.
    I often have been confused by EPC.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Its a double edge sword and many AM/OPMs don't like to use it because it has been abused by several networks. For an affiliate when looking for a niche merchant in a particular network it is a way to compare the health of one program versus the other.

It is not infallible. Years ago I was researching competitive hosting programs and looking at CJ I saw Yahoo with an EPC of say $9.00 versus a number of dedicated hosting merchants with EPCs of $100 to $300. Yahoo at that time had nine programs all merged into one merchant account so that EPC number represented all kinds of products most of which had nothing to do with hosting. It was impossible to determine how well Yahoo did for hosting based on that EPC.

11. Thanks From:

EPC stands for “Earnings Per Click” (EPC) is the most important number in any marketing campaign. Its mean earning per 100 click, i.e product or service sold by and affiliate when his/her link was clicked 100 times. If EPC in week is $10 means you can earn $10 on every 100 click during a week.

Question Why is EPC so low?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy View Post
    Close, it's Earnings Per (100) Clicks.
    Wow, that sounds a bit depressing. I and looking at offers on A2Ads and under their "Top Offers" sections, they have offers with EPC of $0.21. So for every 100 clicks I send them, I make a whopping 21 cents?

It sure seems that marketing the CPA offers that pay, for example, $1.70 per email submit, is a better option than 21 cents for 100 clicks. Am I missing something here.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I am new to this. More familiar with direct marketing of affiliate products thru Clickbank and Paydotcom...

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    On CJ (Commission Junction) EPC is per 100 clicks.

Can be different elsewhere...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Affiliate Manager
    It's probably the easiest stat to game and nearly worthless to compare programs in my opinion.

Bob

16. Thanks From:

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread