contacting an advertiser
    My application for affiliate was instantly declined. I've read other threads on the forum and I understand that I should email the advertiser to get the approval. I have not been able to find any link or place on cj by which I could contact the advertiser. Can someone guide me how I can do that?

ABW Ambassador
    Is there an email link on the advertiser program page? If not, you can check their website. Otherwise, there is no way to do so through CJ if you were declined. The email link on their program page usually obly shows if you are approved as a publisher and sometimes never. It is very frustrating for approved publishers too. CJ likes to blow offer people all the time.

I thought the email address shows regardless, unless it's a configurable thing. I was denied by my main merchant initially but was able to make an appeal by email and was manually approved.

then there's another merchant whose email doesn't exist and I've been pending since October of 2009. And I've had zero luck reaching out to them despite the fact that their program appears to be active.

ETA: Just randomly checked 3 denied applications, only 1 had an email address.
    Last edited by bradk; March 6th, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Must be set by individual advertisers, At least one I have didn't show until I was approved.

Thanks for your replies guys but CJ's FAQ section gave me the answer. Once you apply for any program, the advertiser automatically gets added to your address book. So all you need to do to contact them is go to your mail and click on compose. A new window will pop and in the "to" section, you find a scroll option. You will find all the advertisers you have applied to over there down the scroll. Just choose the advertiser and shoot them an email.
    Last edited by Raindance; March 6th, 2011 at 01:51 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    But that's not real email. They have to check the CJ interface to see it and many of them don't very often so it's very helpful when they display their email address. The CJ mail might notify their email address. I don't know.
    Last edited by Snowman; March 6th, 2011 at 03:51 PM.

I checked up various affiliate programs of just my niche to see how it all is. Some of them do give out their email id but not all. In that case, I guess, you don't have any alternative other than just following the CJ mail method.

Cool
    have you looked at the top of the Merchant Detail page? usually something shows there.

Have you tried going to the merchant site, getting the phone number and calling? Ask for the affiliate manager. I've done that for various reasons, it might be helpful.
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    have you looked at the top of the Merchant Detail page? usually something shows there.
    That's where I was referring to. There is no other place he could check. Remember, he was declined.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post
    Have you tried going to the merchant site, getting the phone number and calling? Ask for the affiliate manager. I've done that for various reasons, it might be helpful.
    I've tried that many times and the operator usually has no clue what an affiliate manager is.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I've tried that many times and the operator usually has no clue what an affiliate manager is.
    Oops, this worked for me with small companies, never tried contacting a bigger firm. Maybe try marketing or advertising dept.? Or on their site, they probably have a "contact us" form. Good luck with this.
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador
    I've tried that too and I've gotten no response. It's very frustrating. I sent three of them two weeks ago and still no response.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    If you have applied you have been declined and the affiliate manager of the program has made themselves unavailable to be contacted, I look at the market and find a better managed program and move on. You could also try emailing standard emails like affiliates@ the domain in quest to see if they make it to someone.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread