Recomend an article submission site
    Hi,

I've got a travel site thats been going for a few months and gets some traffic.

It has backlinks from travel forums and a few natural links too.

I thought I't try my hand at artice submission as a way to get more links and hopefully more trafic.

Could anyone recomend a site that has worked well for them. Any other tips as to what I should bear in mind when writing the articles would also be apreciated.

Thankyou.

15 years and counting
    Article Marketing is dead.
    Don't waste your time and kill your site at the same time.
    Article Marketing Gets Slapped - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    And many other threads at ABW.

I would slightly agree With Zeus. Article Marketing as most people understand it is dead. Instead, spend your time social networking. About the only way I am still using articles is to get guest posts on popular blogs within my niche and that is more for the direct traffic they give me than any SEO benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Article Marketing is dead.
    Don't waste your time and kill your site at the same time.
    Article Marketing Gets Slapped - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    And many other threads at ABW.
    Article market is changed but not dead. Google slapped at copy contents only. If you can write quality unique contents then your articles are not ignored by SE. I have published 100s of unique articles in various directories and still it drives traffic for my site.

You could focus your backlinking efforts on the top sites which gained traffic after Google's algorithm change: Number Crunchers: Who Lost In Google’s “Farmer” Algorithm Change?

1. youtube.com
    2. ebay.com
    3. facebook.com
    4. instructables.com
    5. Amazon.com
    6. eHow.com
    7. NexTag.com
    8. Wikipedia.com
    9. Walmart.com
    10. Target.com
    11. Etsy.com
    12. Answers.Yahoo.com
    13. Sears.com
    14. bestonlinecoupons.com
    Last edited by affilorama; March 6th, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Quote Originally Posted by skyguide View Post
    Article market is changed but not dead. Google slapped at copy contents only. If you can write quality unique contents then your articles are not ignored by SE. I have published 100s of unique articles in various directories and still it drives traffic for my site.
    Completely agree!

Does anyone really believe that Google just randomly removed the the majority of results from aggregators like EzineArticles?

Google will be tweaking their algo for awhile, and I believe that article marketing will be around and doing well for years to come when all is said and done.

Articles will need to be original, longer,(800 words minimum) and written by those who have a good command of the English language.

Thanks for the comments - I hadn't heard that there had been a change with google.

I figured that, since sometimes I get an idea for an article that doesn't really fit in my site, I could submit an article or two and that they would bring me some extra visitors. Maybe I'm being too naieve? Kind of like posting on forums, even though your sig link is usually "no follow" if your answer is useful then people might visit your site.

Would you consider that it would be better to invest my efforts in creating a more generalised blog for these "off topic" articles ?

Those of you who think that there is still something to be gained. Where would you suggest I start ? The ezine articles site mentioned in the link above ?

Agreed,article marketing is still in demand, this market really has a potential,I gets loads of traffic via this.its not dead..
    [B][COLOR="Purple"]Maria Jarel[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="Black"] Partnerships Executive[/COLOR] |[COLOR="Green"] Logoinn.com [/COLOR]| [COLOR="DimGray"]The Art for Business
    [/COLOR]

Article marketing is not the best way to drive traffic, but I do get some results. In fact I just got one of my articles on to page 1 via EnzineArticles. This brought me extra traffic to my site.
    Other article submission sites that I like to use are: Helium, Reddit, HubPages, ArticlesBase, ArticlesBay, Amazines.
    I hope this helps.
    Last edited by R. Ruth; March 13th, 2011 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those

Totally agree with you. Google remain strict on those who submit copied contents and repeated the same article on various directories frequently. Still now people read articles and it's a great great source of backlinks and traffic.
    You can submit your articles on Buzzle.com and Hubpages.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread