Should I use a squeeze page?
    I'm conflicted. Should I use a squeeze page for the home page on a niche site? It feels tacky and with the recent Google Farmer update, this tactic just seems more spammy.

What are your thoughts? I realize a mailing list is crucial to lowering the lead acquisition cost so collecting email is a necessity.

I'm not a fan of squeeze pages... but regardless of the Farmer update, you would still need to have original content to achieve any ranking.

Personally, I think the concept feels a little outdated - you would be better off building good sales pages (instead of trying to build up the squeeze page).

I don't think a mailing list is crucial to lowering costs.. effective conversion can be achieved through a well written sales page.

Just my two cents worth
    Last edited by teezone; March 6th, 2011 at 11:49 PM.

I'm not a fan of squeeze pages... but regardless of the Farmer update, you would still need to have original content to achieve any ranking.

Personally, I think the concept feels a little outdated - you would be better off building good sales pages (instead of trying to build up the squeeze page).

I don't think a mailing list is crucial to lowering costs.. effective conversion can be achieved through a well written sales page.
    +1

There is an affiliate business model that considers a mailing list crucial to success, whether for leads or sales. There are a lot of ebooks telling folks that is the way it's done so they try. For those who follow that business model there will always be a need to get people to sign up for their list due to opt-outs and low conversions. It really is easier and less work to sell to people on your site than to use a list from a squeeze page to try to get them to buy it IMHO.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Would you want to see a squeeze page when you go to a domain? I wouldn't. Why not make great original content and add links to your subscription page?

I would not recommend making your squeeze page your homepage. It would look too spammy and would increase your bounce rate. It is best to have a welcome page as your homepage or an article with good informative content. You need to build relationship and trust with your visitors first so that they will be more receptive to signing up for your newsletter and offers.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Quote Originally Posted by affilorama View Post
    I would not recommend making your squeeze page your homepage. It would look too spammy and would increase your bounce rate. .
    But there may be number of reasons for any sites may increase its bounce rate. Poor site design can be a major reason for people to leave your site immediately. Site navigation would be more complicated for visitors on squeeze pages. I like to go with clean design and easy navigation for my blogs.

I think its better for me to switch to another keyword/niche. Google Keyword Tool is showing only 170 exact match search locally (2,400 global) for my keyword. So at 170 * .42 (traffic to #1 rank) * .005 (.5% conservative conversion) = .357 converted sales per month.

Instead of trying to squeeze blood out of a stone, I should probably just throw up Adsense and move on.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread