Link building
    Hi!

Sorry if this is not the right place for it but did not find any better.

I am reading a lot about directory submission services and I cannot decide wether it is good to use them or it would be a wast of money.
    What your opinion/experience on this field?

And if you say that it worth paying a little sum, which are the best services?

Thanks.

Those services that say they will submit your site to hundreds or thousands of directories.... they might help your site get indexed a bit faster, but won't help your rankings a lot.

A huge % of directories are just junk. The page you will get on might not even be indexed by SE's. They don't rank for any searches, etc.
    Their PR might be good. Dropped domain PR.

I would spend my money on a few good directories. Try to get listed on some sites/directories in your niche. (not general directories)
    Last edited by simcat; March 8th, 2011 at 05:57 PM.

I agree with simcat. You will be getting thousands of links in a very short period of time if you use a directory submission service. This will appear spammy to the search engines and can get your site penalized.

You can do it yourself manually with Directory Submitter Gold. This software drastically streamlines what can be a very tedious process. You have to submit your site manually since most good directories won't accept automatic submissions.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

It would be worth your spending set for creating back links rather than going for directory listing. Back links will drive traffic as well as PR. Try to build your backlinks dofollow websites for better visiblity in SE.

Its not mandatory that a directory submission service will deliver what you want ....
    Why to go for a paid service when you can do it yourself!!

Like a coin has a flip side.... Directories are both good and bad. If you get linked by likes of DMOZ and Google directory... it definitely makes a difference to your ranking (atleast gives you an edge over your competitors)

But dont expect miracles happening if you get linked by another-BS-directory.com

Quote Originally Posted by 01Mobster View Post
    I am reading a lot about directory submission services and I cannot decide wether it is good to use them or it would be a wast of money.
    What your opinion/experience on this field?

And if you say that it worth paying a little sum, which are the best services?

Thanks.
    I'd opt for developing backlinks from relevant sites rather than via directory submission services.

7. Thanks From:

Instead of getting 1000's of links from BS sites i would rather prefer a small bunch of links from relevant high PR sites

It would help in boosting PR + getting high ranking in SERP which would ultimately help in getting targeted traffic
    Last edited by Prodigal; March 16th, 2011 at 12:51 PM.

Unless they can get your website indexed by Dmoz or Ipl.org or Best of the Web then don't spend too much time on directory submission. Most of directory submission service are submitting your website to those junk directories, low PageRank, low traffic and thousands of outbound links, basically just useless.
    Last edited by StoneWilson; April 9th, 2011 at 03:04 AM.

I think you have to go for the free directory submission.

If there is a reason you think this is good advice, please elaborate. Why are all these people wrong? Why do you advise free directory submissions?

Because I think most of the directory submission service submit it to junk directories, so I think it is a waste of money, so trying some of the free directories will be good and I am not saying that all the paid directories are junk.

So if as you claim paid services submit to junk directories how on earth can you believe that free services will perform better.

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaireTournament View Post
    I think you have to go for the free directory submission.
    But the free service have the free junk links which may harm the quality of site. Can you please mention any of the free directories that having a good PR or any reputation? Free directories are good for those who have to spam their site links in free.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread