LinkConnector? Has anyone experienced them?
    Hi guys,

Have you guys heard of LinkConnector? I had a quick phone call this morning with a sales person, I wanted to learn more about what they offer, and they are coming up with a pretty cool new technology: they don't use affiliate redirect links like other affiliate networks, but place tracking codes on the merchant sites to track the sales.

The merchants can approve any sites they want from any given affiliate of their program, but if a sale comes from an unregistered affiliate site, they have the control of not paying the commissions for it.

Imagine the impacts on SEO for the merchants as well! Getting direct links from sites with high PRs and not having to do anything...

Also, if a merchant does not want people to bid on keywords, they have full control over this, they can reject the sales coming from any PPC engine...no way to sneak around!

JM

BTW - they launched back in August and have around 20 merchants I think. I'll sign up today but please share your experience with me if you have already registered...thx!

i have joined this program but not yet receive payment now

I have been paid
    I joined when there was just a handful of not too good merchant. But LinkConnector has since grown & I hope will keep growing. So far have received 2 rather prompt payment.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    they don't use affiliate redirect links like other affiliate networks, but place tracking codes on the merchant sites to track the sales.
    I thought the other networks used that redirect to be able to set their cookie--the cookie that's responsible for non-session-based tracking (ie, that enables cookie duration/return days enabled tracking)

So does LinkConnector have any cookies/return days, or is it all session-based?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate Network Rep Jackie Lane's Avatar
    Hi Leader - so sorry for this l-a-t-e response, but wanted to post to ensure your question was answered. LinkConnector does have cookie tracking days. The typical merchant's 'Visitor expire tracking period' is between 35 - 100 days.

Also, I thought it would be good for me to describe just how tracking works with Naked Links™ (this is the technology that uses direct links from the affiliate site to the merchant site, using hyperlinks that are devoid of any parameters or querystrings). Merchants with Naked Link campaigns are provided with script that they place on all their landing pages. This script calls LinkConnector to determine the affiliate based upon the referrer. The script then writes a cookie that is used later, once a sale (or lead) event call is made.

When a sale happens, LinkConnector looks for that cookie it wrote and assigns the credit just the same as a Standard (traditional) campaign. So, if the user does have a cookie, then LinkConnector records the sale. If the referrer was not an approved LinkConnector affiliate site, then LinkConnector does not record a sale.

I hope this helps to explain how LinkConnector sets cookies and tracks sales with Naked Link Technology™(NLT).

Hi JM,

We launched a Linkconnector program a few months ago and are building the program. There are two techonologies that a merchant can use. The afore mentioned Naked Link system and a standard cookie based method. The standard system is necessary for some PPC based affiliates and just requires a different choice in the campaign setup.

One nice benefit is the joined affiliate account that lets you check links before emailing your affiliates. Also, you get basic site information and no direct contact info. The email system does email affiliates externally which is a huge limitation with most networks.

I like the interface which is clean and efficient. Hope this helps.

Chuck Hamrick - Textlinkbrokers com
    Affiliate Manager

So every time we buy a new domain we would have to notify each and every merchant that they might be on that domain. That sucks.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Our Affiliate program is through LinkConnector. As we are new to the Affiliate circle, we do not have much to compare it to. But what we can say is this; they are extremely responsive when ever we have questions. Getting setup with them was very easy and affordable. Our Account Manager is a very cool person to deal with and seems to be available whenever we have silly questions to ask.

In addition to this is there technology, although as we are new we have yet to see anything from it. But we are being patient.

SSanf, I believe what you are referring to is called Source Checker™. Source Checker™ works by having each merchant approve the URLs that are used to drive traffic to their site. This is part of the fraud protection system of LinkConnector. I understand it may take extra time for affiliates to keep the URLs up to date with the merchants, but the rewards hopefully outweigh the costs. The process behind Source Checker keeps open communication and a clear understanding between merchants and affiliates of the types and placements of promotions being used. This also ensures that merchants don’t end up having their links and ads placed on irrelevant or otherwise unwanted site that could potentially hurt their branding or business.

dgreen, glad to hear about your time at LinkConnector. I think you should start to see some positive results in time...definitely be in touch with your acct. rep!

Wow, there seems to be a new affiliate network popping up every couple of weeks now. Although the big networks have lots more to offer, I'm glad to see they have some competition.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Wow, there seems to be a new affiliate network popping up every couple of weeks now. Although the big networks have lots more to offer, I'm glad to see they have some competition.

I am seeing mixed messages about using smaller networks vs. larger networks.

As I am currently using a smaller network, i am interested in hearing about the larger ones. Can anyone talk about this?

We haven't signed on to LinkConnector yet, but I'd like to know more about them before I do. They are very responsive, so far. The only thing I'm waiting for is a reference list that I need to contact. I don't think it should take more than 3-4 days to get that...

Glad to hear of your interest Kealyona! If you have any questions about LinkConnector technologies - such as Naked Link Technology (tm) or Virtual Affiliate tracking, do be sure to let us know! It sounds like you are doing your homework to be sure and make the best decision possible :-) Sounds great!

LinkConnector's Naked (no ? in link) Link technology is quite unique among networks. Some in-house affiliate software packages have had it for a while. LC also has some other cool features and a proactive no-parasite stance. Good to see some more competition!

-Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread