Affiliate Manager
    How to acquire inhouse affiliates
    I am looking to reach out to affiliates but do so without using an affiliate network. Which are the best ways to acquire them in good numbers at the earliest?

Last edited by markwelch; March 10th, 2011 at 06:21 AM.

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Rock, you will definitely need to make sure that you base the program on a reliable, trusted platform or you may face an uphill battle. Many of the professional affiliates have had bad experiences with in house programs that have fallen through and left them commission-less. Any reason you can't offer affiliates a trusted network option as well as an in house if they are so inclined ?
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    I am looking to reach out to affiliates but do so without using an affiliate network. Which are the best ways to acquire them in good numbers at the earliest?
    Unfortunately that is a tough "reach" for a new, and unproven, program. Mark also eluded to that and Wade has the reasons summed up quite well.

When we started our affiliate program I had taken a look at going indie, but realized that would add tremendously to the recruiting effort. We are very happy with our decision to open on the ShareASale Network and, only now, may consider [also] adding an indie program.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch View Post
    FYI, the recruiting process isn't much different for in-house vs. network programs, though in-house programs may face more resistance.
    It's technically not that different, but it's far more difficult. If you're not going with a network, you'll probably want to employ an OPM who has a large number of affiliate contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockball View Post
    Which are the best ways to acquire them in good numbers at the earliest?
    Even under the best of circumstances (a good affiliate-friendly program, a trusted network, and a quality OPM), affiliate recruiting is seldom quick. It's a slow, time-consuming process. Affiliates aren't going to just drop everything they're doing and put your site up immediately.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for the replies guys. I am looking at a network as well and also do the recruitment inhouse. The program remains the same. The big issue I feel is that the affiliate market hasn't taken off yet in India especially on a per acquisition model. Most of the sites seem happy with their Google adsense earnings.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread