Google Knows Quality
    Ever get a brain **rt and come up with a domain idea. I was watching a news bit on soup kitchens and hungry Americans and thought, "hungrycry.com would be good for a fund raising site".

Well hungrycry is taken and exists only because of Google. What a waste of a good name. Now mouse over the links and see "googleads" in some URLs and "googlesyndication" in others.

Doing a search on these terms gives you the opinion that even Google wants to distance themselves from them. How can they complain about bridge pages, and then be the engine behind this crap.? Real great user experience to be had here.

Just a parked domain running Google Ads. Like millions of others.

Registered a year ago, almost to the day (Created on: 2010-03-15).

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy View Post
    Just a parked domain running Google Ads. Like millions of others.

Registered a year ago, almost to the day (Created on: 2010-03-15).
    They must not be proud of it as the name "Google" is nowhere to be found on the page. AdSense on my sites have "Ads by Google" beside them.

Google ads also power a lot of other "parking" companies - and don't note AdSense there, either. I have a few domains parked (until I get around to developing them) with SEDO and NameDrive. Most of them earn enough to keep up with the registrations. Some actually have a good bit of traffic - just because of the domain - and those are higher on the "development" list.

It's surprising (or maybe not) the number of people who look for a product and do a direct type-in for that product and add dot-com. For example: OnionChopper dot com, FeverBlisterMedicine dot-com (Yes, they are mine. We do sell several onion choppers every month but have not really developed the one for fever blisters, but do get occasional sales.)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

yes there are too many of them. this trend is much reduced now but some people still do this type of activity to earn money only. domain name is a great thing. now a days people need quick solution. people know the popularity of online business so they at first try to find the product by direct searching. if they get it then its time saving!! so these will always create some occasional sells.

John. Am I missing something? Looks like a parked domain. Maybe that person is like Bill and waiting to develop it. Or maybe that person has a wife like mine who has a great idea for a website, makes me register it and never does anything but give me some half baked idea

I think maybe the point of the OP is,
    A surfer goes to the page in question...doesn't matter how he gets there...it's all ads, he sees just a page full of ads.

The average surfer doesn't care a cr@p if the domain is in the 'domain parking ad program' or whatever.

Someone takes the same page, puts a bit of relevant content on it...plus some related aff. ads or adsense. Then google comes along and labels it MFA, thin, bridge, or various other unsavory terms.

Which page is better from a users point of view?
    Last edited by simcat; March 10th, 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simcat View Post
    I think maybe the point of the OP is,
    A surfer goes to the page in question...doesn't matter how he gets there...it's all ads, he sees just a page full of ads.

The average surfer doesn't care a cr@p if the domain is in the 'domain parking ad program' or whatever.

Someone takes the same page, puts a bit of relevant content on it...plus some related aff. ads or adsense. Then google comes along and labels it MFA, thin, bridge, or various other unsavory terms.

Which page is better from a users point of view?
    Exactly what I'm driving at. Just seems like a giant double standard from a company that pretends to be the final authority on quality web content.

9. Thanks From:

I agree with the ads being a little ridiculous. But, the difference here between this site and a MFA site is... this site isn't even indexed. Someone would have to type in the domain exactly to get to it. Google is not pushing traffic to it through any search results or (I'm guessing) PPC.

site:http://hungrycry.com/ - Google Search
    Last edited by gcarson; March 11th, 2011 at 08:21 AM.

11. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell View Post
    Ever get a brain **rt and come up with a domain idea. I was watching a news bit on soup kitchens and hungry Americans and thought, "hungrycry.com would be good for a fund raising site".

Well hungrycry is taken and exists only because of Google. What a waste of a good name. Now mouse over the links and see "googleads" in some URLs and "googlesyndication" in others.

Doing a search on these terms gives you the opinion that even Google wants to distance themselves from them. How can they complain about bridge pages, and then be the engine behind this crap.? Real great user experience to be had here.
    Happens all the time, its a pain the butt. If its not google its domain squatters I cant stand them. Or what is worse people i buy them only to use it as a redirect to their domain

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easylife View Post
    Happens all the time, its a pain the butt. If its not google its domain squatters I cant stand them. Or what is worse people i buy them only to use it as a redirect to their domain
    What's wrong with those who had the foresight to buy as much virtual real estate as possible?

Since the Google about killed domain parking in 2008, I can't remember the last time I ran across a parked domain in a search - they just don't get indexed and/or ranked anymore - no content...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    What's wrong with those who had the foresight to buy as much virtual real estate as possible?

Since the Google about killed domain parking in 2008, I can't remember the last time I ran across a parked domain in a search - they just don't get indexed and/or ranked anymore - no content...
    Hes referring to people who take domains but do nothing with them except use them for links or domain squatting. They dont need google to index them they drive traffic other ways.

There a pain in the ass, looking to get a click here and click there. Baffoons!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Hes referring to people who take domains but do nothing with them except use them for links or domain squatting.
    So am I. It's a legitimate business this domain stuff.

There a pain in the ass, looking to get a click here and click there. Baffoons!
    Aren't we all looking 'to get a click here and click there'?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread