Serious Issues with Linkshare system
    Hi,

Actually, we're expereincing very disturbing issues with Linkshare system in recent days due to some probable technical glitch that Linkshare support is not really able to resolve as on this date.

We sell Microsoft softwares(mainly MS Office) as a Linkshare publisher and we've always got 10% commission per sale made. For the last couple of days though, we have been getting just 3% commission on sales on those same set of softwares. Microsoft's rules for commissions are all the same but commission allocation has gone down to just 3%.

I have raised similar query in the past via [Incident: 110307-000001] and just moments ago via [Incident:110310-000135] but the issue is still unresolved.

I suggest you to please investigate this issue very urgently or at least put this issue on high priority as this might be affecting a lot more publishers like us right now and might cause a sense of unreliability over the LinkShare commission system, which is what we're feeling right now.

Microsoft updated SKU commmissions - read your email
    @kandwal Suggest you read your email. Microsoft updated their commission schedule and there is a new commission schedule available. Below is from an email I received from LinkShare about this, yesterday. HTH

"We would like to inform you that Microsoft Store has updated the
    commissionable SKU list for their offer.

To view the SKU list for this advertiser's offer:"

The email I received was sent from this email address: ls-microsoftstore AT linkshare DOT com

Possibly that may explain the lowered commission rate.
    Last edited by Lanny; March 11th, 2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Add line: That may explain the lowered commmission rate

lesser commission on Office software sales
    Thanks for replying and yes, you're right. They have sent some mail over the updated SKU list from Microsoft. However, I checked the new list the

Office Home & Student 2010 and other Office softwares are listed under 10% commission. I have specifically been paid lesser commission on sale of Home & Student 2010 three times. I have been given lesser commission for sale of Office Professional 2010 as well but none of the SKU lists include Office Professional 2010 specifically.

This is sure that 3% commissionable SKU list did not include any Microsoft Office Software.

To my surprise, I made one recent sale of Office Home & Student 2010 yesterday itself and that fetched me full 10% commission, like normal.

Any further help will be much appreciated.

contact Microsoft Store
    @kandwal OK. Something is awry. Possibly with the updated list Micrsoft Store sent to LinkShare. Possibly it is something awry on the LinkShare side, with that new list.

I suggest that: (1) You send an email to the Microsoft Store AM. Not sure if they will answer you, but give it a try. :-)

(2) Wait for Ranae or someone else from LinkShare to read your thread here, since you have already created two (2) Support Tickets with LS about this issue. Do NOT create another Support Ticket about this issue......

(3) Possibly call LinkShare Publisher Support on the phone. If you are outside the USA, you can call their phone number that is toll free within the USA, free on Skype. Also, you can call phone numbers in the USA, free, on Gmail, until the end of 2011.

The one thing I believe I can guarantee you is that LinkShare will NOT cheat you out of money that you have earned.

@Lanny I have sent a mail to Microsoft Store AM to confirm if all the three versions of Office 2010 have the same 10% commission or is it revised to 3%. Let's see if i get a reply.

Yes, I once had a long pending problem with check re-issue and once I posted my problem here, Ranae replied and took immediate action. And I got my problem addressed very fast. Ranae has been great so far and probably that's why I posted this issue here to get it noticed by Ranae or any other authoritative linkshare rep. who will address and resolve the issue very fast.

About talking on the phone, I wish i could do that but calling through gmail is not enabled in my gmail account and I don't know Skype ID for publisher support for Linkshare. Would be great if you could provide me that. Or can i call through Skype for free directly on toll free USA numbers ??

And yes, I do have faith on Linkshare but disappointed with the way issues are dealt. Very slow and many times, threads are not replied after first reply from them. That's why I forcefully have to create more support tickets to get noticed and get them reply to my problem.

I wish the support staff could take things faster and more efficiently and reply/converse with publishers within matter of hours rather than days as I usually receive 1 reply on any day(sometimes 1 reply in several days) when the problem is still going on and getting discussed between support staff and Publisher.

Skype you can call toll free numbers in USA free
    @kandwal You can call ANY phone number that is toll free, within the USA, FREE, using Skype. You do not need an ID for LinkShare on Skype. Just call their toll free (800?) phone number on Skype.

If you are outside the USA and using Gmail on the web, look on the Left hand side. You should see "call phone" under "chat". If not, look around in Google's Help. You may need to download something from Google to enable that. If you get that installed, you can call phone numbers in the USA and Canada, free, until 31 December 2011. :-)

I have also seen LS Publisher Support slow to respond at times. I suspect they are very overworked. On the other hand, several times, I have sent them an email on a Saturday and been surprised that someone replied to me on a SUNDAY, when I assume they are closed.

If a thread here is not answered by an LS person in a week or so, then you might "bump it up" so it has a better chance of being seen, when Ranae or other LS staff have time to visit ABW.

Will be interesting to see whether or not someone from Microsoft Store replies to you.....

Ranae really does HELP a LOT. :-)

lesser commission on Office software sales
    Well, I call up through Skype and was told that my complaint has been forwarded and will be addressed soon..

And guess what, I got a mail from Lindsey(Microsoft Rep.). I have replied her with my issues and expecting a satisfying reply now...

Will update here if and when I get the response...

Plugin for Gmail for voice calls
    @kandwal You DO need a small plugin to make voice calls to phone numbers in the USA and Canada. Calls are free, until the end of 2011. Here's the URL:
    Google

Great that you had a reply from the Microsoft Store AM. GL

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread