I have been wanting to start a Blog on few different Topics.

Curious to know what suggestions some might have as to what software to use.

I'm not looking for a free service, but to buy the software so i can use it on different web sites.

Also would it be advisable to have a Blog as an add on to each domain or start a new domain with many Blog topics.

thanks for any advise anyone could provide.
    dave

ABW Ambassador
    Personally, I don't think Blogs and affiliate marketing work together that well. Blogs are chronological, affiliate marketing generally does better putting things in categories.

As for blog software...it is one of the simplest forms of dynamic database to write. You basically have a database file with a subject line, date, user name and text field. As such, there should be thousands of free programs on the market.

Blogs get interesting when they are on a service and whole bunch of people on the same service are using the same blog.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kapsat:
    I'm not looking for a free service, but to buy the software so i can use it on different web sites. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why buy when some of the best are free? Check this one out.

www.noahgrey.com/greysoft/

This one has a forum where you can get questions answered (in plain language... not geekspeak) and general support. [edited to add...You can use it on as many sites as you wish.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also would it be advisable to have a Blog as an add on to each domain or start a new domain with many Blog topics. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The answer to these questions is purely subjective. Do you want to write to different blogs on a really regular basis? Can you write to one blog that will cover all of your interests?

When I started my first blog, I asked for some professional help. Karl, Phillyburbs, was kind enough to review and give me some really helpful feedback on mine. Karl, being trained in writing for the public, knows his stuff. The most important item he had for me was 'keep your focus sharp'.

One of the really neat things about the Greymatter software is that you have the option of having one article show up in the number one position all the time. Sorta like a home page. Other articles fall in line sorted by date.

My personal thoughts on blogs and affiliate marketing are...
    1. They should go together very well. If you are creative.
    2. If you are original in your approach, you will have very little competition. Hence, more $ opportunities.

Hope this has been of some help.

Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

My most favorite and most flexible blogging software is WordPress
    If you have fantasico in your cpanel try installing it and playing around. I think you might like it. I use it in conjunction with affiliate marketing and it is a great tool for pulling in targetted visitors with your taste!

There is so much you can do with it!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hi Sil, it's been awhile, glad to see you back!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

blogger.com = free

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    Hi Sil, it's been awhile, glad to see you back! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Leader!

Thanks I have been just focusing on adding and doing more things with my sites. I haven't mastered time management yet, esp. with forums

Glad to be back

thanks for the suggestions.

looks like it wont cost me any $$...GREAT

will it work? i don't see any reason why it would not help in the overall scheme of things. I really don't see anything like i am wanting to do.

Hell... people still tell me this INTERNET thing won't work... But I've been doing it for a few years now, it pays the bills and the family has had a nice Christmas the past few years!

i appreciate the input
    dave

Outsourced Program Manager Allen - AMWSO's Avatar
    movable type has a great blog engine with a free, fully functional download.

http://movabletype.org

Cheers,

Allen
    [SIZE=1][B]Allen Miller. Affiliate Manager, EZvacuum.com / UnitedShades.com[/B]
    [/SIZE]

My most favorite thing about wordpress is that each blog entry has an url at all times and its not just in the archives. If that makes sense

I think moveable type is also really good also!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread