Anybody have info?
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

I'll wait as long as it takes.

ABW Ambassador
    It's right HERE.

No merchants, no programs, but hey at least it has been launched!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    No merchants, no programs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actaully that was my question about merchants. I am sure affiliates are no problem for Haiko as he already has army of them here at ABW ready to attack any 1st merchant signs up.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

I read somewhere that it was a dead idea...

Joe

Let rephrase that.... I read or someone told me this... I cant remember where/who...
    PLease excuse my error.. if i am in error

I read thousands of pages of text everyweek... not to mention the people I talk to in the affiliate marketing business and I webpages I create... so little crumbs of info stick... sometimes these crumbs sitck in the wrong order... and I make mistakes... if this is the case I am sorry...

I for one was disapointed when I heard that crumb... I know when/if truetracker finally does become a reality it will be a winner...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Joe,

Where did you read that? Besides an anti 'Haiko' site/forum.

===================

Connie,

It's comments like yours that FORCED me take the weekend off, thanks for killing the cleansing.

===================

All,

I had a chance to have a very lengthy conversation with Brian from SaS last week and am still evaluating some of the information I've gleaned and learned.

In the interim, every merchant has been recommended to join SaS.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:
    I read somewhere that it was a dead idea...

Joe <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont let Haiko hear that as he must have spent lot of time and money on that project and must have expected it to succeed. As nobody like seeing their project going down.

Personally I feel that was not a dead idea, it was a great idea to begin with. To provide affiliates with a clean network where everyone can be sure of taking some money home without a fear of being robbed on the way.

[Edited to Add: Well, Haiko's reply just came in before mine]

Sorry Haiko for starting the thread I should have sensed the sensitivity of the subject.

ahmar,

No problem with starting the thread - I know people are wondering and some are mocking, that's fine.

I specifically took the weekend off because some of the not so nice stuff so to have a reply like Connie's was really just another smack in the face, but hey, I deserve that. I guess?

All in all, I can tell you all that it is a difficult and daunting task to undertake much less do correctly. Having spoken with Todd many times about what CJ has done and the reporting they have astonishes me sometimes, and Brian -- man oh man what a darn good job they are doing.

I've always supported Brian and am happy to have forwarded the prospects that I have gotten for TT, he more than deserves the business and the respect, so everyone is in safe hands with him.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Geez Haiko, didn't mean anything by it. Just a comment/observation.
    Guess if my being here is making you feel so bad I will just leave.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but hey, I deserve that. I guess? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but as a proposed Network Person that makes you a target. Todd and Steve probably don't deserve 1/2 the crap they get either, but that position attracts flameage.

I think some people just like blasting at a big target. IMO a lot of it is just a side-effect of being in a prominent position.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Connie,

Yes you did, why would you even bother to post if you didn't?

I'm only saying I'm sick and tired of the gratuitous mud, and your post is an example of that.

=========
    Leader,

That makes sense, still sucks though.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Haiko, you hang in there!!

Sometimes all you can do, is just all you can do.

The parasites, liars, site stealers, thieves - they will have to answer - if not in this world, the next.

There is a saying that bread cast on the water returns seven fold. Sometimes you just have to give it to a higher authority and have faith.
    Ebudae

So what's the big deal if TT was not able to start operating this year?

I rather wait a little longer and see it come alive as a real True Tracker than rush it up by a set date-line and then have those rushing it now, start to criticize it because of this of because of that.

I think that if it was so simple to open just another network, more people would be doing it by now. While it's true that anyone with a lot of money available can speculate and open an any new name network at anytime, it's also true that in order to make famous faster, it will require a lot of extra money and also be associated with the same crap of parasites that are the cause of our problems now.

Let's face it, the parasites are the gold mine of many networks, that's the real reason why we don't see and might not see real changes on many of them even after we have been complaining for so long about the same issues.

I believe a new clean network is possible because there we have SaS and so far, I have not hear nothing to the contrary about Shareasale.

I don't believe any network can be 100% clean, because even if they don't have parasites and other similar issues, they still may have some few bad merchants that in one way or another, on purpose or by mistakes, some times wind up screwing the affiliates when it's time to pay the commissions.

Now, back to the TrueTracker.

If and when Haiko, is ready to open the TrueTracker network, I be there, as long as Haiko do what he said he had planned to do with the TrueTracker network by last February 29 but, was not able to for one reason or another. I don't care if it takes another year, if at the end I will be for the better.

Sometimes I don't have the time, but I always have the patient, to way for something better, before the day I die.

Sal.

Side joke: Any other day is better than a February 29 leap year event, that way we can celebrate an anniversary every year, instead of every four years.

Actually, I think if Haiko throws his support behind SAS and we all work together, we can achieve the ultimate goal of a good place to get clean reputable merchants in a much bigger way than if the efforts are spread out over several networks.

Also, since SAS is a one person shop, that puts us all at risk if something, Goddess forbid, happens to Brian.

I would like to see SAS expand and have more back up in place. That can't happen if our efforts are spread too thin.

SAS needs to grow to the next level. The time has come. I would think with Haiko throwing his support that way, it can happen. And, it NEEDS to happen, very soon.

Now, if Haiko and Brian teamed up, can you even imagine what an invincible team that would make? I think they could build something really to be reckoned with. And, SAS would be on firmer ground.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

As far as Connie goes, good grief, haven't you ever posted something that might be a little hurtful of someone's feelings without really thinking of the impact?

Yikes, we can't be nice all the time. Everyone has an off day here and there.

Why don't ya'll just forget it and carry on? That little post wasn't worth getting your backs up. Just not worth it.

Let's just pretend it didn't happen. OK?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Hang in there Haiko.

I knew you were not here for a good reason.

Ditto what Sal said.

Some of us here might not be as vocal and post that often but I can almost guarantee that many here are behind you all the way no matter when or if you decide to go live with TT.

Concentrate on the positives that you are doing and have done for so many of us here, including myself. I can almost guarantee that many of the members here that don't post that often or just lurk all the time, I think most are grateful to have found ABW and have learned great things from ABW and respect your decisions no matter if they might disagree sometimes.

I remember seeing many negative posts back in February about how you should run TT and about how things were bad already, even before you went live. Perhaps why it never got off the ground, too many ideas and solutions on how you should have done this and that. Heck even SaS still gets some negatives, but its running and respected. So when ever you are ready for it, JUST DO IT!

> In the interim, every merchant has been recommended to join SaS.

I am glad you did that. In fact from the many posts you did and from having had learned so many things prior, was one of the reasons I chose to sign up my prior AM merchant with Brian. If you would have gone live with TT I would have been ready to join that or any merchant with both you and Brian at the same time. This is why now as an OPM I still recommended SaS first and if TT ever goes live you and SaS would both get my vote first.

I agree with both paragraphs of what Leader says.

Also look at Donald Trump, Bill Gates and others, hated and criticized by many, but they continue survive and make money and money for those that listen and stick with them.

OK, now ya'll listen up because I am going to tell you the way it is.

I DO NOT want TT competing with SAS!

We need one big clean network with some power and some clout. We need a network with a big enough affiliate base to attract the big advertisers. We can't have that with one small network here and another one there.

We need to choose one clean network and throw our total combined support behind them if we want to move forward.

Now, as I see it, Haiko could really help SAS with the interface and make them appear a lot more professional. That is the big complaint from potential merchants and what puts them off. Haiko could give them that slick professional glow and make it so we could get more information like finding who has done reversals more easily. Also, Haiko has the ability to guide bigger and better merchants their way.

Look how many people were willing to sign up to be in TT sight unseen for no reason at all other than it was Haiko's. Bring that influence to SAS and help us make the first really major parasite free, clean network. One big enough to rock the industry boat and make being clean and parasite free the best way to go. Any merchant who wants access to SAS affiliates HAS to be clean!

SAS has grown a whole lot and many people, such as myself, have a Damocles sword hanging over their heads if anything happens to Brian. We need protection. The SAS merchants need protection of someone we know and trust who could step in and keep things going smoothly in an emergency.

By deciding not to compete but to team up, all that can happen. If they compete, it won't happen! TT would undermine the chances of ever having a network important enough that merchants would have a major incentive to stay away from parasites.

I know they are both in charge kind of guys and both, no doubt, protective of their own turf. It would be a hard task for them to partner up but it is what needs doing.

For everyone's sake, for the sake of the industry, you two work out any differences you may encounter and join forces. You want the same things! And, we need you to do it.

So, I am asking you, Haiko, don't undermine SAS. Bring in reinforcements! You could just win the battle.

Dang! I gotta tell you EVERYTHING???

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> an anti 'Haiko' site/forum. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "anti-forum Haiko" and the accusations and flaming arrows came first.

Karma takes no sides; it just distributes the load evenly. Looks like it's still playing catch-up.

Hey everyone, things got hot but that was not my intention when I started the thread. So lets all of us make it up for that.

Connie, please dont leave the board as you are one of the respected memebers here and your work and contribution to this forum is admired by all of us. Above all Haiko did say sorry (in other thread) for the misunderstanding. I would hate to see you leave.

Haiko, we all understand the situation. We all are here to support you in your project. You have our moral support as I personally respect your stand against parasites and alikes. Wish you all the best.

Come on ABWers lets give Big Hugs to each other and forget what ever happened. After all we all are the "ABW Virtual Family".

one or two is not enough; I'd like to see ALL the networks be clean.

Of course. But, we all know by now that it ain't gunna happen. The networks other than SAS and a few no one ever heard of are all so entangled with them that it would be financial suicide for them to get rid of the parasites.

And, with no other viable option to get access to huge numbers of affiliates more and more merchants get sucked in.

So, the best way to fight back is to give the merchants an alternative, a great big alternative.

The only way for that to happen is for the good guys to pull together and use ALL their combined resources and influence to make one humongous network that will have enough affiliates to attract the good merchants.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread