A common question: how to recruit affiliates?
    Hi! I’d like to know your suggestions about how to recruit affiliates.

It would be nice if you could suggest something more substantial than just advertising… Or less time consuming than approaching individual sellers and talking about your work.

Thank you!

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Looks like you're new to the board, so welcome. I have two recommendations:
    1. First and foremost, be engaged with the program. Distribute regular correspondence, send one-to-one emails, be active here. All this helps to brand your program as an authority in your category, and effective program branding will help quality Affiliates find you...so doing this correctly is essentially recruiting IMO.
    2. You can also do traditional cold call/email recruiting, but if you do take a personal approach to that effort...even if it's recruiting from within a network. Generic recruitment offers aren't worth squat IMO. You would have a better response rate sending out a couple personalized recruitment emails (comment on something you like about their site topic, functionality, etc.) a week, then if you sent out 100 generic offers every day.

Hope that helps GM

3. Thanks From:

You're right, it is a common question, most recently discussed here: Starting an Affiliate Program & Merchant Q&A - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

You mentioned that you are not interested in advertising or I would suggest Advertise at ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forums which many merchants have found useful. There are not a lot of clickbank /ebook affiliates as regular users at ABW, but it never hurts to put out the word in a busy place; they come through here every day.

The topic comes up about once a week, to find similar discussions see Search - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Good luck.

5. Thanks From:

Thank you!
    Thank you!

I learned about ABW at the Warrior forum, and today is my first day here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    You're right, it is a common question, most recently discussed here: Starting an Affiliate Program & Merchant Q&A - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

You mentioned that you are not interested in advertising or I would suggest Advertise at ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forums which many merchants have found useful. There are not a lot of clickbank /ebook affiliates as regular users at ABW, but it never hurts to put out the word in a busy place; they come through here every day.

The topic comes up about once a week, to find similar discussions see Search - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

Good luck.

I prepared a few email messages...
    I prepared a few email messages for my affiliates, but the truth is that I didn’t do anything really meaningful.

Everything takes time…

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink View Post
    Looks like you're new to the board, so welcome. I have two recommendations:
    1. First and foremost, be engaged with the program. Distribute regular correspondence, send one-to-one emails, be active here. All this helps to brand your program as an authority in your category, and effective program branding will help quality Affiliates find you...so doing this correctly is essentially recruiting IMO.
    2. You can also do traditional cold call/email recruiting, but if you do take a personal approach to that effort...even if it's recruiting from within a network. Generic recruitment offers aren't worth squat IMO. You would have a better response rate sending out a couple personalized recruitment emails (comment on something you like about their site topic, functionality, etc.) a week, then if you sent out 100 generic offers every day.

Hope that helps GM

Affiliate Manager
    Is your affiliate program on a network? If so, there are usually opportunities within your network to get more visibility. I am very new to affiliate marketing as well and my biggest question was also on how to recruit affiliates. I have gone out and found potential affiliates by setting up Google Alerts for my industry and I am actually trying to do some advertising on ABestWeb..hopefully, I get some great affiliates from that.

Quote Originally Posted by VolusionAM View Post
    Is your affiliate program on a network? If so, there are usually opportunities within your network to get more visibility. I am very new to affiliate marketing as well and my biggest question was also on how to recruit affiliates. I have gone out and found potential affiliates by setting up Google Alerts for my industry and I am actually trying to do some advertising on ABestWeb..hopefully, I get some great affiliates from that.

Sure, my affiliate program belongs to the most famous affiliate network online. I have a few affiliates, but they are not active enough, and I would like to recruit more affiliates.

I had abandoned this matter for having many other things to care about, but the ebook I read yesterday about ‘promoting your products through affiliates’ reminded me of this matter. I found a link to ABW there, and this is why I’m visiting this forum today.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread