Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Requesting "save images" in FrontPage - ARGH
    OK, I know better than to try to ask for help from Pop Shops support and I know some ABWers are both Frontpage and Pop Shops savvy so here's my current dilemma:

When I "save" a new page in Frontpage, sometimes Frontpage asks me to "save images" which is rare and I don't want to save them to my computer anyway. Most of my Pop Shop pages just automatically save. Why does this happen only sometimes? GAWD!

BTW, I'm using the HTML code from Pop Shops.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Use the php code and it won't load the images to your computer and ask you to save them. All you do is insert the php code in the page where you want the feed to appear and that's all there is to it.

html is probably loading the images to your computer and that's why it ask you to save images sometimes.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Burger Boy! I normally never have FP ask me to "save images" from a Pop Shops HTML code though.

I will try PHP code next time. I just renamed all 88 product images and had already re-written all the product descriptions and titles in this page I just made. Gonna go with it as is for now but I'll remember the PHP tip for future pages. Does it go right on the page or in the code?

I SO appreciate you being in here BB!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

It goes in the code. Mark the page with an x or something where you want it to be and then go to code and find the x and replace it with the php code.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

With PHP can I alter the code like I can in HTML?

When I need to drop something into the code directly, I just click on the page where I want it to go and then to code mode. It takes me right where I need to be. Thanks again!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

You can alter the html code around where you place the php code. It can go in a <td> or <div> wherever you want it to show. I usually save a little .txt file for each shop with the javascript version and the php version so that I can see what it will look like with the javascript version before I pop in the php code and upload the page.

Once you have the php code in a page, you don't need to mess with it again, you can make changes in PopShops and the changes show up automatically on your page. You can edit the html on the rest of the page if you want to, but it doesn't need to be edited unless you want to.

ABW Ambassador
    Rexanne - I can't offer any help with the FrontPage issue you are having but if you decide to use the php code be sure to see the thread below. If your pages are .htm or .html, you will need to add some code to your .htaccess file for the PopShops php code to work properly. Good Luck!!

Using PHP (or JS) on .htm or .html pages - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread